587,030 active members*
3,691 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Could someone with similar milling center test their machines that is the main relay supposed to be connected and the power unit supposed to feed voltage to the crome bars, if the spindle amplifier and axis amplifier are completely disconnected from the power unit?

This would help me a lot because if there should be power feeded from the power unit, despite if the amplifiers are disconnected, it will narrow my problem down to the power unit itself.

The machine is now up and running! Turned out there wasn't anything really busted in the machine, the previous owner had just disconnected the rotating a-axis and this machine needs some kind of blind cable or termination resistor or something like that to the connector that used to lead to optional a-axis servo module. And also he had messed with the parameters and hadn't taken backups so we did need an expert to straighten them out. Who knew that the missing axis caused the main relay to not conduct, I was so sure that the power unit was busted.