I purchased a pre used CNC Mill - Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 with Heidenhain TNC 155 control.

This is my first CNC machine and I do not have any experience of operating CNC machines. The main purpose of this machine is to get hands on experience in CNC machining.

The machine is in running condition now and for reaching this stage, CNCzone members helped with their valuable advice in selecting the transformer, loading the missing machine parameters and moving the machine table with program.

I am starting this new thread as I see the topics of future discussions regarding this mill going beyond the heading of previous thread that is “Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 Transformer”

I started with conversational programming. Latter I got a snap-on overlay key board from Heidenhain and decided to go for conventional ISO Format (G-Code)

At present I am doing my design work in AutoCad. The prototype parts I make are not complex and do not have complex or curved profiles. These parts are being made on manual milling machine with 4 to 6 tool changes.

I think at some stage I will require a CAM program to produce parts efficiently. The costs of these programs are quite high and vary a lot in features and cost. I am not sure if this is the right time to start learning with CAM?

I will appreciate the input of members about their experience and advice and also regarding the various CAM programs I should start exploring.

R. Rossey