586,626 active members*
2,411 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Coolant ?

Coolant ?

Has anyone tried Oakwash DDS T- Tech coolant sold by Enco ? Thanks

Re: Coolant ?

I use the TRIM E-206 from enco and really like it , I have some that's over 2 year old and still looks and works as good as new, I do 90% alum and have ZERO weld up on the cutters with it

I never used that before, but have used other Oak Signature coolant. I had used the OAKFLO DSS700 at 6% concentration for a few years in my Tormach sump when I was in Colorado and it worked very well. No skin irritation, but if you leave it un-circulated/poorly maintained for too long you can grow some mushrooms and other nasties (just like any other coolant). I machined stainless, aluminum, titanium and a bunch of ferrous metals and it was definitely decent. It worked pretty well for deep drilling too. At the time I bought it I remember that it was affordable to boot.

Oh yeah and as an added bonus it didn't act as a solvent on the factory paint!

Quote Originally Posted by pickled View Post
    if you leave it un-circulated/poorly maintained for too long you can grow some mushrooms and other nasties (just like any other coolant).
    Not "just like any other coolant". I've been using RustLick WS-5050 for several years. It sometimes sits for months in one of my rarely-used machines, and I have never once had any growth of any kind. In fact, I've never cleaned the sump - I just add to it when it gets low. I also have a 14 gallon tub of diluted KoolMist 77 that has been sitting untouched for almost 4 years now (since I switched to the RustLick), and is also free of any growth.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Pretty impressive Ray. I've had KoolMist 77 support large mold mats floating in 2 systems that were in 2 different locations (states) when left for a month. You must have some prime water quality and an excellent environment there. I run acid based sanitizer solutions through my systems periodically now because I have found that it really helps cut down on the "hack" that I used to develop. The humidity in mid-Michigan can be pretty nasty and adding any moisture to the air here is a recipe for mold formation. Colorado wasn't bad in that regard, but the evaporative loss experienced due to the lack of atmospheric pressure required copious amounts of make up water needing to be added as you ran.

Quote Originally Posted by david parkhurst View Post
    Has anyone tried Oakwash DDS T- Tech coolant sold by Enco ? Thanks
    Best stuff I ever used vasco 7000

Jemtech UK Ltd - Vasco 7000 marks a step-change in titanium machining

Sure you don't mean Oakflo DSS T-Tech? Oakwash is a cleaner according to Enco. Everyone has their favorite, though it seems Qualichem is getting popular with the Youtube crowd.

I picked up Trim Microsol 585XT from Enco. I had contemplated the E206, but can't remember why I chose the 585. I've only used it for a month or so, seems better than the Tormach stuff so far, time will tell.

I had thought of all the others like Qualichem or Rustlick, but I wanted something in 1 gallon size.

Picocool for my CNCs. Same batch 5 years running. Minimal maintenance required.

Hangsterfer S-500 here and no odors or mold growth that in 6+ years of use, even in the bucket of used coolant that sat stagnant for 2 years or so.