587,158 active members*
3,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Pin For Coolant?

[B]Ahhhh I'm getting really frustrated. I have the CNC4PC C11 Multifunction Break Out Board. My set-up is a Taig CNC off EMC2.

Ok, So I have my coolant pump hooked up too the Solid State Relay. I designated PIN "1" in my Stepconf for coolant. Had too change the E-Stop too pin 14.

What I noticed on load up. Now with the E-Stop in Pin 14, the board no longer clicked when it was in Pin 1, meaning the board is disabled/enabled. With Pin 14 is just disabled/enabled with no clicking noise. But it worked.

As soon as I plugged in my coolant pump into the outlet, my pump went on. I Inverted the pin and it still went on. I want too plug the pump in, without it going on, until I run my program...What the heck is going on?

I changed pins, inverted pins. Nothing.

Any ideas?

-Jason[/B

Time to get your voltmeter out. Measure from Pin1 to ground with coolant off, then turn coolant on. Do you see a change? If you do report back what you get. If there is no change, ( it should go from about +5 volt to zero, or the other way zero to +5), then check your PLC section of EMC you may have made a mistake somewhere.

I meant Pin 14, not 10. It only has E-Stop IN for pin 14.

I'll report back.

Although, I don't know how too individually turn on/off the coolant. I thought it was decided on the code in my program. Like M8, M9 .

-Jason

Do you have the latest version of EMC? There have been a few bug fixes in the stepconf. I have coolant enabled on my mill, though I set it up manually. Does the "pushbutton" show up to turn it on and off? I can look over my config and find the changes I made if you like. Ed.

I downloaded EMC a few months ago. So I might not have the latest...But about 4-5 months was when I downloaded it.

The only thing that shows up, is the Spindle Button. I don't have any other push button's for anything. I really want everything too interact with each other, it would be really nice since I spend 124.00 for a BOB too do this

Atex, let me know what you can do.

-Jason

I am not familiar with stepconf or your BOB, what I have is two P Ports and direct wiring to Gecko's and buffer chips to three SSR's. I have 4 axis's on the first port and spindle forward and reverse and coolant on the second port. Is there a pinout available so I can see if it looks simular? How many I/O pins are available on the BOB? I will print out my INI files and compare to what you find. It should not be a problem. Ed.