586,966 active members*
1,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > CNC Fusion Kit #5 Y-axis ballscrew too long? LMS HiTorque/SX2L

Hybrid View

Re: CNC Fusion Kit #5 Y-axis ballscrew too long? LMS HiTorque/SX2L

The bronze bush at the column end of the saddle - is that something you've added as i've never see it before and in all honesty its not required for screw support and with the tolerances on these machines could lead to binding between screw and nut! That may be stopping the screw pushing fully back......it's been a while since mine was apart so can't remember what that end looked like!

Re: CNC Fusion Kit #5 Y-axis ballscrew too long? LMS HiTorque/SX2L

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    The bronze bush at the column end of the saddle - is that something you've added as i've never see it before and in all honesty its not required for screw support and with the tolerances on these machines could lead to binding between screw and nut! That may be stopping the screw pushing fully back......it's been a while since mine was apart so can't remember what that end looked like!
    It's not a bushing, it's actually a washer at the end of the ballscrew held in place with a retaining ring, to stop the ballnut from sliding off the end. It's hitting up against the back of the frame.

I'll just make a spacer, shouldn't be too hard. Already got X & Z axes mounted. Should be good by tonight.
    KL-4530 CNC, KL-6060, 5 3D printers, CNC Fusion Converted LMS Milling Machine, 60w Laser Cutter