You could always draw your part a little deeper - Sprutcam won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JonS View Post
Using a milling machine. I have some simple 2D parts that I cut out some holes using waterline roughing, I then use those holes as hold down points to continue cutting out the pieces.

My problem comes in the last .1 of a mm leaving me with a burr to remove due to the cutter being slightly rounded or shortened etc.

Using 2D contouring it is easy for me to add .25mm and cut slightly beyond the part creating a nice finish however this option is not available in waterline.

There are lots of solutions like reducing the cutter length by 0.25mm, making the parts .25mm thicker and moving the Z offset however these seem like a bodge.

Adding stock to the underside of the work would be a nice solution however clever SprutCAM stops cutting at 0mm! Changing the bottom level only seems to provide reducing the cutting depth, axial stock does not work with negative numbers

I am sure this is something others are familiar with and I wondered what the neatest most logical solution was that people had found/used.

many thanks,

Jon