586,655 active members*
2,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > need help to get kflop and and Kmotion up and running
Page 4 of 6 23456

Re: need help to get kflop and and Kmotion up and running

Hi Ben,

No worries. Must be just a miss communication somewhere. I'm just going by what I thought something said those were PNP types.

Hi jossa,

Try it as Ben suggests, it shouldn't hurt anything. If they are PNP types they shouldn't sink any current which just would not activate the KSTEP input.

Post a picture of the diagram printed on the unit.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

i have turned the stock image in CNC4PC's homepage around.. my sensors are in the shop and i am at home.

Attachment 262216

i also found these on the site describing the connections on other boards.

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/A60_C10A.JPG

http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/A60_C35A.JPG

not sure if it helps,,,

i will try to connect the sensors and see what happens..

Here is a pic of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1419636072553.jpg  

yes i think my sensors are like yours, black band on top where the model number is and white where the pin out is
    BTW, have you found the code?

also one more thing i am wondering about, if i want to connect a touch probe, how would that be handled in KFlop?

the one i am thinking about is this:
    Probe

I will get the c code from my cnc pc and post it. Have you wired the switches yet? The code will need to change some before it will work for you. As for probing I have not done that so can't help. If I were you I would first get the machine axis, limit/ home , estop, and spindle working before worrying about anything else.

Ben

no, i am not able to go to my workshop right now and get the sensors.. but i will try it soon..
    yes i understand that, i have a friend that is good with C and he is helping me with any modifications.

i have not bought the probe yet, i am just wondering if it would be compatible with the KFlop..
    wiring is just power and a return signal that is broken upon impact with the object you are measuring.. but i am wondering if the KFlop is able to forward the signal to make a useful point cloud..

I do know that there are k-flop users that have probes working with there system. Here is a link to a recent post that shows a tool setter and edge finder routine. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...-code-fix.html
    The input for connecting k-flop to your tool should be the same for any probe.

Ben

thanks! should be enough to get me started..

also found this.. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynomo...uch-probe.html (for my own later reference)

today i am going to try to get to my workshop and get the home sensors and test the code..

Here is my homing program. I tried to attach the actual file but my phone won't let me do that. Instead I am attaching 2 photos that together make the whole file. Start by opening simplehome3axis.c. It is in the c programs section. I made very minor changes to this program so it will not be hard to change from the photos .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1419817566933.jpg  

thanks!

i will try to connect and code up the sensors now..

i have taken a picture of my sensor..
    mine is rated for 5 to 24V and yours is 10 to 30V.. other then that it looks to be the same.

Attachment 262868

Truthfully mine was supposed to be rated 5-24v as well. I questioned the seller so he tested one and told me the voltage was mislabeled on the sensor from the manufacturer. They make many different sensors but he custom orders them for that voltage range. I needed 5v sensors and that's why I ordered them. Luckily I found out I could use opto's on snapamp so ended up going with 12v per Tom's suggestion.

Ben

Sorry for the delay, but i can now confirm that the sensors works!

I used the diagram that you bhurts posted.

It responds instantly and the light is lit when no metal is pressent, as soon as metal is 6mm away from the sensor, the light goes out and The input goes high. (Bit is set high)

i have a new question.

is it possible to make a button for the INIT and for Pause program?

i know how to make the connections and all now.. but i wonder about what to program the inputs to..

If your using k-motion cnc which I recommend then there's no need. It already has a pause button and init button on screen. If you mean a real button then yes you can do that as well. You will have to get someone besides me to help though since I haven't done it myself.

Ben

yes i am thinking about a real button..

i just need to know what to do with the program..

the init button is maybe wasted work since i need to use the program when starting up the mill anyway, but the pause program i could use as a soft emergency stop if i need to change something or need to take a brake for some other reason..

Hi jossa,

See the ExternalButtons.c example on how to debounce an external push button and send a command like Halt to KMotionCNC. Here is the code fragment to send Halt when the external bit transitions to a solid high level:

Code:
        // Handle HALT
        result = Debounce(ReadBit(HALTBIT),&hcount,&hlast,&hlastsolid);
        if  (result == 1)
        {
            DoPC(PC_COMM_HALT);
        }
    This code can be added to a loop in your initialization C program. The Debounce function, the prototype (function definition at the beginning) for the Debounce function, the variables needed to do the debouncing, and the definition for the External Bit also need to be add as shown in the example.

To do the re-initialization you could loop back to the beginning of the Initialization program when the External Initialization button was detected. Or alternatively I believe you could just "push" the KMotionCNC User Button to cause the Init Program to be killed, reloaded, and re-executed.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Hi Guys,

I've just purchased and starting using a Kflop - and am new to the whole thing as well. I also am new to CNC-Zone so if I am posting this in the wrong area - or should have started a new thread, etc. please just let me know and will do so in the future.

I have an SX2 that I have converted with a CNC fusion kit, G540 driver for steppers, DRO Pros glass scale kit, and a Kflop board (just kflop - no add-on boards at the moment). What I have figured out so far is initialization, motor tuning, etc, and getting things to run properly via KMotionCNC. I have also figured out how to use the DRO Pros Glass Scale Encoder Inputs and am able to run the system as a closed loop stepper - which is very cool... I actually wired the glass scale inputs to run parallel between the DRO Pros head unit and the Kflop temporarily to compare readouts - and no matter how much/how fast or slow/however many back-and-forth changes I can throw at the mill - the maximum difference that I can achieve between the DRO Pros readout and the KMotionCNC readout is 0.06mm (or 0.0024") which I think is amazing considering these 2 things: 1.) I've only started tuning the CL-Step PID parameters, and 2.) The resolution on the DRO Pro readout is 0.005mm so essentially the thousandth place decimal will jump from between 0.000-0.005-0.001 based on only what I can assume to be some type of approximation. I think once I have more time to really play with things - the better the response can get - which for me is reason enough to justify the purchase of the Kflop. And even understanding the limitations of Stepper Motors in that this cannot correct for a motor stall scenario - I at least have full confidence in the maximum detected error with the Kflop which will stop the program from continuing and ruining parts - again, awesome.

Oh and on a side note to Jossa: I saw somewhere that you were looking to use a DRO Pros kit as your encoder input as well and am wondering if you had gotten that figured out yet or not. If not, let me know and I'd be glad to show you the way that I did it at least - and you can see if it will work for you as well.

So now for where I am really confused is with the limit switches... I read prior to setting up the Kflop Tom's post saying that with just the Kflop board, the limit switches need to generate a 0-3.3V signal on the I/O input. So I have that set up for my limits - at least as far as I understand. I am going to post an image (hopefully below in this post - guess I will find out in a minute after trying) that shows what my limit switches are - how they are wired and to what bits, generate 0-3.3V etc. And apparently, at least when using the ReadBit command, watching the Digital I/O screen, and using a Volt Meter, they work just fine.

The problem happens when I use the configuration screen. I set up the I/O bits (using ch0 - X Axis for example, same as with the image) 8 for positive limit, 9 for negative limit - set it to watch limits, and select what action to take when a Limit is seen (what I really want is disallow drive into limit - but at the moment I've tried all options and will settle for any of them working) then every single time that I try an move that axis, the movement is stopped with a message saying the limit switch has disable the axis. Now I know my switching circuit generates an ~0V input when it is not pushed (NC Switch with pull-up resistor - see attached image) but just to double check I've tried watch limit w/ and w/o activate on Low checked... I think I've tried every single combination of options that the configuration screen will give me...

And further - to verify the kflop can use the switch as an input - I tried setting the limit switch to activate Jogging the axis instead of detecting a limit - which works just fine... So now I am even more confused as to why the switches can generate a signal and jog the axis just fine (push the limit switch by hand, axis moves that direction, release limit switch, axis motion stops - I can do it all day if I want with no issues) but when I use it as an input for a limit switch the Kflop disables the axis and I cannot move it at all (regardless of whether or not the switch has been physically pushed - I always get a disabled axis immediately upon trying to move that axis in that direction [and again just because I was trying everything that I could think of, this is true for single step, jog, rapid jog]).

Anyway - if anyone can see what I have wrong that would be very much appreciated... I feel like I've hit a wall - but for some reason with the part that I was honestly expecting to go the easiest for me...

Thanks in advance,
    -Andrew

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lim_switch_wiring.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	271470

My bad - I have written above I am using bits 8 and 9, but the image shows 9 and 10. In reality they are 9 and 10 - which I've double checked to be correct on the board / in Kmotion - it's just a typo.

Hi Andrew,

Regarding limit switches: One possibility is noise. KFLOP's inputs are very fast. Even sub-microsecond pulses (that may not be apparent on the Digital IO Screen) might have a good chance of being seen and disabling the Axis as KFLOP samples them every 90us. Try adding something like a 0.1uf Ceramic Capacitor between the KFLOP input pin and KFLOP GND connected very close to KFLOP.

Also in order to prove whether this is the problem you might remove the long wiring and ground the input right at KFLOP to see if the axis no longer sees the limit.

Or write a tight software loop to look for a high level glitch and display a message if it detects one. For example:

Code:
    #include "KMotionDef.h"

main()
    {
    	while (!ReadBit(9)) ;  // tight loop while input is low
    	printf("Input was high!!\n");
    }
    Regards
    TK

hi Andrew =)

no it is fine, just post it here if you want to

i have not looked at the glass scales yet, and any help you could give me i would appreciate!
    and i need it spoon fed :P

regarding the problem you been having.. check that the following setting is applied
    Kmotion.exe-->Config&flash-->Limit switch options-->Action-->Stop movement... i had mine to "kill motor drive" (witch is default i think) and that made a lot of problems during testing for me..

Edit: i see tom made a reply.. disregard my answer.. i am waaay off

if you haven't talked to Tom yet, he is the most patient man i have ever seen.. even when my questions was at full retardation level he kept calm and guided me trough it all..

Page 4 of 6 23456