586,999 active members*
3,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Installing HAAS VF5 Ethernet Adapter

Installing HAAS VF5 Ethernet Adapter

Hi all, my company wants to set up 3 HAAS machines on the network, so I ran the CAT6 (crossover for NetShare). My boss just ordered the 3 Ethernet adapter setups ($1500 a piece!!!). All that came in the package was a little metal panel with a hole for the male to male Ethernet coupler, the coupler itself, and a patch cable. Of course there were 3 of each. My question is, can I send these back for a refund and just install this myself? From the materials provided, it just seems like you plug the patch cable into the coupler and the machine, then plug another cable into the other end of the coupler that runs to the network. Is there something I'm missing here or is it really that simple?

Re: Installing HAAS VF5 Ethernet Adapter

The price for most software options (ethernet, expanded memory, etc) isn't for the hardware but actually for an unlock code that permits you to use the feature within the CNC control. The short answer is every Haas CNC has the same hardware within the cabinet, so you pay for the options on the software side. Yes it's dumb, yes you may not like it, but it's just the way it is (the alternative is much worse)