586,852 active members*
2,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Servo setup and troubleshooting (Samsung CSDJ Plus 02BX2 - CSM 02BB)

Hybrid View

Re: Servo setup and troubleshooting (Samsung CSDJ Plus 02BX2 - CSM 02BB)

My bad u only need to connect MAIN L1 and L2 power only it is sufficient for drive operation...
    So for my earlier post use only MAIN L1 and L2 power input via fuse and try to get the communication... . (nothing else needs to be connected)

As u can see on the picture the 24 V DC are only for input and outputs...
    Attachment 250282
    Left side are inputs to the drive... Right side are outputs...
    The tricky part is that Inputs are controlled with 0V DC and have COMMON +24VDC (in Europe we mostly have 0V COMMON wire and we command with +24V DC )
    So u need only to connect +24V DC to pin 1 .... (it would be advised that the 0V DC from yours converter is connected to the ground PE of the machine so if there is any short circuit the fuse from yours +24V DC converter will trip)

You command the drive with 0V signal from yours +24V DC converter to the inputs pins 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 15... (10-15 are defined with the parameters)
    So the command to release drive and make it work is with 0V signal and on your board that u shown is made for this.. (I would connect only 3,4,5,14 with 0VDC from your board (do not understand the pin 12 as it is output, 14 is ground for that output... ) Inputs 3,4,5 meaning-- Servo ON, FOW and BACK release and are sufficient to run drive.... )
    The moving command for your drive is via wires 11 and 13 as yours picture shows.. But that is the last u connect...

But before all that u need to config the drive/s and motor/s on table and get it work.. ( if u connect all then it could be hard to find the error)
    PRIORITY::::Get the communication with program... Input motor and encoder parameters.. Connect motor and encoder... Check for errors eliminate them ... Then do the auto tune procedure.. U may have to connect +24V DC supply to pin 1 and connect the 3,4,5 with 0VDC to enable the drive so it can do autotune and later u may need it to do the jog via program.. Finally test the drive, motor and encoder from Program JOG MODE ( jog mod on -- jog up jog down) .. When u get that then u can place only the drive in machine and try to move motors via MACH3 and when u get that then put the motors on the machine and do auto tune in middle positions for all axis to compensate the load inertia..
    ( i have downloaded SmartJog version 3 and it is really nice looking program ..)

Re: Servo setup and troubleshooting (Samsung CSDJ Plus 02BX2 - CSM 02BB)

Hello again
    About the communication....
    Beware of the male female pin out
    Attachment 250296
    So on my similar communication cable i have and use for communication with similar drives i dismantle him and on PC side 2 is white (RX), 3 is brown (TX), 5 is black (GND) , 4 connected to 6 (Data terminal ready to Data set ready), and 7 connected to 8 (Request to send to Clear to send)
    on DRIVE side i have RX (2) is brown, TX (3) is white and (5) GND is black...

Pc cable side should be good then u can try to get communication working...

Try 2-3 3-2 then 2-2 3-3 then if that does not work i would try to connect parallel wire form CN3 pin 5 to any other ground on CN3 (pin 1 or 4 or 6 or 7 or 8 ) (That could be the trick that the drive does not have GND (ground) potential for communication...First try connect CN3 pin 1 to pin 5 as i found in similar manual that is how they wire drive side - page 274... http://www.famotor.com/data/samsung/..._Manual_kor_v1[1].0.pdf )

Attachment 250300

Then try 2-3 3-2 then 2-2 3-3 and if that does not work then try removing wire from pin 5 from drive just to have ground pin 1 or 4 or 6 or 7 or 8 connected
    Then try 2-3 3-2 then 2-2 3-3

Hope u will get it working because only other way is to use operator panel to input parameters...