Sorry to bother you folks - I can usually work these things out but I am stuck now. Would appreciate some help - I am sure someone has seen this problem before.

For the first time I am trying to use DNC with my Fanuc OMD control. As you know there are many variations. My controller does not have the "tape" position you select DNC by setting the mode control to "Auto" and putting the "key switch" vertical. When I do this I can see that the line to register 127.5 in the ladder diagram display changes to bright so I believe my DNC operation is active.

According to the book my next action should be to get the selected program ready to DNC, set the OMD to SBK for safety purposes, then press the green start button. The DNC process should then start. What actually happens is that immediately I press the start button an "Error 008" occurs before I even start the program feed.

The program looks OK, M30 is the last line of the program. I am using cable settings that work for normal file transfer to memory.

I am sure to be doing something dumb. Hopefully just a parameter change that I have not found yet. I tried adjusting parameter 038 but that came up with a restart error, error 000.

Additional info.
Diagnostic 127 indicates correctly when DNC is selected.
A shortened version of the large program we want to run works fine from memory.

Help very much appreciated.
Brian