Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
Some great ideas! I hope that others will post their own gems.

One spoiler though: I don't know about your compressor but many use splash lubrication in the crankcase and putting things on an angle may prevent proper distribution of oil.

Thanks for your concern, the compressor is what is described as “oil-less” Plastic/Teflon type piston and a ball race for the big end bearing. I have been using it tilted for about 18 months with no problems so far.
The compressor is fine for running the PDB but marginal for clearing chips. The humidity in Sydney, particularly in summer months is quite high, it would surprise you as to how much water you drain from such a little compressor. Of course the tanks are made from what they describe as corrosion free “Aircraft grade aluminium” having worked as an aircraft mechanic for 41 years I assure you aluminium does indeed corrode. Aircraft grade aluminium, pure hyperbole by non-technical people. Might have been better to put the drain at the very bottom of the tank where it belongs, and used submarine grade aluminium.
I have a larger compressor in my main workshop with the same easy drain setup and it’s not uncommon to drain ½ cup water each time I start it.
Lot to be said for an automatic functioning drain.

Greg