All,

I managed to get my mill running tonight. It hasn't run for a year and a half at least. I started moving the axis a little. Then I ran the spindle. I started by running it slow, 100 rpm at first. I let it run for a couple minutes, then stopped it for a minute or so, then started it again. After a few minutes of that I ran it at 500 rpm, then 1000. Everything seemed to be going well. Then I got brave. I started it back up at 1000 then kicked it up to 2000. It ran for a few seconds, then made a sort of a squawk sound and now the spindle makes noise. It not tremendously loud, but noticeable. Definitely not good as the load meter is higher now than before the noise. I noticed that when I was running it at 100 rpm before the noise the spindle speed was not very steady. It would speed up/slow down and the load meter fluctuated between 5% and nearly zero. Now the load meter is at least 10% @ 100 rpm after the noise. I ran the spindle (with no tool holder) on and off for around 20 minutes or so give or take. Not sure if there is an issue with the servo? I sure hope it's not the spindle bearings. Anyone have any ideas of what to look at first?

Thanks,
Aaron