Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk LSA View Post
Hello All,

I looked into this about a year ago and at he time the Gweike machines were the ones to buy with Tina being the rep. I am finally able to make a purchase and am looking into this again. I need a laser that can cut up to .25" acrylic sheet and I need one axis to be at least 500mm of travel. Desktop or stand is fine. Also it needs to be able to laser etch logos in anodized aluminum. If possible I would like auto focus, powered z bed and red dot. Depending on laser size I may also need a chiller.

I am curious if there are any companies I should also look at and more so stay away from. I see that Hurricane lasers have gone out of business and when I go to their site it redirects to FS laser. Did FS acquire them? Reason I ask is I have found a used Hurricane Ivan with a chiller for a great price, but am a bit gun shy if the company is defunct. However if FS will be supporting them then I may consider it. I called FS and was on hold forever and gave up which is not a good sign.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I would stay away from FSL they will tell you a good story then ignore you for ever. Lousy customer relations.as you've experienced all ready
Gwike, Shenhui, Rabbit Laser, Automation Technology, all have some pretty good lasers pending on your budget and size and power needs.If you want US made lasers your gonna pay big dollars but then again they seemed to be worth the money if you have a thriving business and can make the machines pay for themselves .

Marc
I would stay away from FSL they will tell you a good story then ignore you for ever. Lousy customer relations.as you've experienced all ready
Gwike, Shenhui, Rabbit Laser, Automation Technology, all have some pretty good lasers pending on your budget and size and power needs.If you want US made lasers your gonna pay big dollars but then again they seemed to be worth the money if you have a thriving business and can make the machines pay for themselves .