586,005 active members*
4,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Reputable Asian Laser choices?

Hello All,

I looked into this about a year ago and at he time the Gweike machines were the ones to buy with Tina being the rep. I am finally able to make a purchase and am looking into this again. I need a laser that can cut up to .25" acrylic sheet and I need one axis to be at least 500mm of travel. Desktop or stand is fine. Also it needs to be able to laser etch logos in anodized aluminum. If possible I would like auto focus, powered z bed and red dot. Depending on laser size I may also need a chiller.

I am curious if there are any companies I should also look at and more so stay away from. I see that Hurricane lasers have gone out of business and when I go to their site it redirects to FS laser. Did FS acquire them? Reason I ask is I have found a used Hurricane Ivan with a chiller for a great price, but am a bit gun shy if the company is defunct. However if FS will be supporting them then I may consider it. I called FS and was on hold forever and gave up which is not a good sign.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Re: Reputable Asian Laser choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhawk LSA View Post
    Hello All,

I looked into this about a year ago and at he time the Gweike machines were the ones to buy with Tina being the rep. I am finally able to make a purchase and am looking into this again. I need a laser that can cut up to .25" acrylic sheet and I need one axis to be at least 500mm of travel. Desktop or stand is fine. Also it needs to be able to laser etch logos in anodized aluminum. If possible I would like auto focus, powered z bed and red dot. Depending on laser size I may also need a chiller.

I am curious if there are any companies I should also look at and more so stay away from. I see that Hurricane lasers have gone out of business and when I go to their site it redirects to FS laser. Did FS acquire them? Reason I ask is I have found a used Hurricane Ivan with a chiller for a great price, but am a bit gun shy if the company is defunct. However if FS will be supporting them then I may consider it. I called FS and was on hold forever and gave up which is not a good sign.

I would stay away from FSL they will tell you a good story then ignore you for ever. Lousy customer relations.as you've experienced all ready
    Gwike, Shenhui, Rabbit Laser, Automation Technology, all have some pretty good lasers pending on your budget and size and power needs.If you want US made lasers your gonna pay big dollars but then again they seemed to be worth the money if you have a thriving business and can make the machines pay for themselves .

Marc
    I would stay away from FSL they will tell you a good story then ignore you for ever. Lousy customer relations.as you've experienced all ready
    Gwike, Shenhui, Rabbit Laser, Automation Technology, all have some pretty good lasers pending on your budget and size and power needs.If you want US made lasers your gonna pay big dollars but then again they seemed to be worth the money if you have a thriving business and can make the machines pay for themselves .

Hello Bearhawk LSA
    This is Nolan from thunderlaser, we are manufacturer of laser cutting and engraving machine, and we have sold many machines to USA,
    I think our machine can do your job very well. If you worried about the quality of the machine and after sales service, you can ask our
    American customers for help. And you can visit my facebook page, please contact with me if you want to know more.

Hello All,

Marc

Hi Marc
    For saving money,
    I think a desktop laser should a good solution for your job:
    MINI60- Desktop Laser System (Plus)
    Samples - Acrylic
    Samples - Anodized_Aluminum
    good luck.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Can this machine be upgraded to 60 watt, what is price of this machine shipped to 85324 USA
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyThunderlaser View Post
    Hi Marc
    For saving money,
    Samples - Acrylic
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Can this machine be upgraded to 60 watt, what is price of this machine shipped to 85324 USA
    yes, our Mini60 can be upgraded to 60w,
    for price detail, I sent a private message to you,
    please check when you're free,
    thanks.
    www.thunderlaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmyThunderlaser View Post
    Hi Marc
    For saving money,
    Samples - Acrylic
    good luck.
    Hello Amy,

Than you for the reply. Can you PM me a quote of the Mini60 shipped to the area code 90232? Also include info on your warranty and any upgrades we may want to consider? Is 50 Watts enough to cut .25" acrylic in one pass, or does it require multiple passes? If multiple, what thickness can 50 watts do in one pass? Also include leadtime.

Take care,

Marc

Hello Amy,

Than you for the reply. Can you PM me a quote of the Mini60 shipped to the area code 90232? Also include info on your warranty and any upgrades we may want to consider? Is 50 Watts enough to cut .25" acrylic in one pass, or does it require multiple passes? If multiple, what thickness can 50 watts do in one pass? Also include leadtime.

Take care,

Marc
    Dear Marc
    thank you for being interested in our machine,
    PM has been sent,
    please check,
    anything unclear, just ask me freely,
    enjoy a nice evening,

by the way, here's my e-mail:
    [email protected]
    if you like, you can also send e-mail to us, smile.
    www.thunderlaser.com

I have a LG500 that fits your specs that I bought from Automation Technologies in Chicago. I bought it to cut .25 acrylic also.