Hi Shenhui, Thanks for trying to help. Please see my responses below.

Quote Originally Posted by shenhui laser View Post
Hi
several issues you have:
the inverted engraving: in the software on your pc, under "config" - "system settings" , make sure the box on x-axis is NOT checked, and the one on y-axis IS checked. select the top left position in the "laser head" grid on the same window.
This issue has been solved thank you.

the engraving: should easily cut this 1mm rubber at maybe 15% power / 50mm speed. .
Are you referring to cutting through the rubber or just engraving on the top? If I can't get it to cut at 98% power and 10mm/s I doubt very much it will cut using 1/6 of the power and 5x the speed, but I can try and get back to you what my results are.

check your beam alignement. If the beam is not aligned and centered properly, it will bonce off the sidewalls inside the mirror enclosures, meaning SOME laser light will get out of the lens, but not a lot. It probably also makes a hissing noise. proper mirror and laser tube alignement should solve the issue, happened to me too.
The laser came already installed in the machine so I checked the alignment and found it to be fine. Each burst of the laser seems to line up in the middle of each mirror no matter where the head is located.

if you had a water problem, then the display should tell you and the head should stop moving.
hope that helps.
Hi yes I solved the water problem, a plug inside the cabinet that was unable to be seen mustn't have been put in properly or become dislodged in transit.

I have more difficult issues to solve if you are able to help? When I cut in the x direction it seems to cut fairly accurately but when I cut in the y direction it cuts about 5% too big. I can reduce the y dimensions by roughly the error to compensate but I get all sorts of mixed results. eg when it cuts a circle it doesn't start and finish in the same spot and hence with little circles around 5mm dia it cuts more of a spiral than a circle. Also I it is supposed to cut a small rectangle it finishes above where it starts and cuts a shape like "b" with the bottom part of the b is the rectangle, eg a rectangle with a stem poking up in one corner.

I've cut quite a few shapes with it now and they are never the same as the cad file I create. I can print out the file on a printer and it is exact, but when I cut from the same file on the laser it doesn't match the drawing. This is driving me nuts and the manufacturer has stopped communicating with me because I demanded they swap it or give me my money back. Their 100% commitment to customer service and solving all your problems with 2 year warranty is not worth the paper it's written on.

Cheers Mike