586,670 active members*
3,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What waterjet machine would you buy?

I have run old Ingersols (one of the first), old Flows, Omax, and a few Chinese things that I would rather forget about. Now I have the opportunity to start my own shop. Any advise or hints as to what is the current hot machine to buy?

We have a 87kpsi flow. Thing is always needing something. Think we are on the 4th intensifier rebuild in 2 years now, with some cylinder ruptures, and it runs 70% of one shift a day. The old flow we have seems to run without problems more than the new one.

We run a 60k ward jet where i work. Running it maybe 10% of the 3 shifts. We have had issues, but mostly operators. No formal training just a couple of us decided to figure it out. Now that its figured all the others want to run it.

Thank you for the responses. So, you have had bad luck with the high pressure Flow, I have not run any machine over 60k. The 30k Omax pump I ran seemed to hold up well, but the peripherals leaked often and I did not like the controller very much.
    I have not used a Ward, but will check them out.
    Any others have "Dream Machine" in mind?

The Ward sounds like a winner so far, except for that weird swoopy controller cabinet. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I have been running a Ward for just over a year, I would say we average 10 hours a day 5 days a week on the machine. It runs very reliably with minimal maintenance needed. We are running a 60k Accustream AS-6050. The longest our machine has been down in the year time was less than a day. I can replace high pressure seals in an hour or so, nozzle and orifice take a couple minutes. I have nothing but good to say about this machine, not to mention their tech support is fantastic!

Max, I think you may have just made my wife very unhappy, and a Ward salesman very happy.
    What you have said has been confirmed by many other sources. Thank you.

The one we have is a wardjet also. You get used to the controller easily. Probably some of the best customer service i have ever had with anything. We went to their shop for two days also. Very nice people.

We have a Maxiem 1515 at work and it can barely run an hour without some little problem to make us stop and adjust. The software is really easy to use and it's a great machine excpet always some little problem. I can't believe for what we payed for it that this wouldn't do better. Maxiem has great service, but they can't get this thing to run flawless for more than an hour. I had to cut 12 pieces out .5" stainless plate, what was supposed to be a 55 min cut time took me over 2.5 hours. We are not looking at the angular cutting head with auto senseing to see if that will help.

Might be a little late here, but I have a few flows and couldn't be happier with them. They are the most expensive I believe, but you know you'll always be able to get parts. Which is always the most important thing to me. Wouldn't even consider another make. For people that say they are down all the time if you can run 5-10k psi off your max psi level it will increase your wear and tear and part life tremendously. I only cut water only though so can't speak much for garnet wear and tear.