586,818 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > haas st-10 post surfcam

haas st-10 post surfcam

this is my first post. i need a post for a haas lathe st-10 for surfcam 6 . the ones they have are way off. i dont have any problems with my mills. really need help. thanks

Hi deka:
    Since you ask for a SURFCAM 6 post, I assume that you either just bought it or received it by being on maintenance; and then, how come your local reseller doesn’t help you on this issue??
    Anyhow I’ll try to help, so I want to know: What do you mean when you say “ the posts are way off” ??. Have you tried the post for “HL Series” ??
    I’ve tested it and is posting the way it should do.
    Please post what your problem is, or where the post is going wrong, or better yet, load your scprt file and posted ncc with detailing notes at the fault.
    Mario

We just got our new Haas ST10-y in a couple of months ago and the posts in surfcam work almost perfect...........for 2 axis, just not for live tooling / Y-axis. I would like to see if anyone out there has a post for a Haas lathe for the live tooling and Y axis. We got our Surfcam6 in a few months ago and are under the maintenance plan. BUT, Surfcam is now wanting to "sell" us a post for the lathe. First they want to come in and verify all 4 seats we have are configured correctly ($4000 for 2 days). Then $1500-$4500 for a post. Right now I have been tweaking on a mill post to output what I need for the live tooling, but still have a considerable amount of "hand writing" on it, then I have to cut and paste into the turning program. It gets it done, but not very efficient. Anyone have a mill/turn Hass post to share?