586,872 active members*
3,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shenhui or WK Laser? Your Suggestion?

Hi I am just wondering which brand laser might be better if any from the two manufacturers mentioned and why?

The great thing about WK Laser is they reply to your emails really quick and are really helpful. They seem to build a really nice machine as well
    and I suppose you pay for what you get. Took a while to find a contact from Shenhui though.

I am looking at buying a machine with a cutting table size of 1200mm x 900mm with an 80 Watt Reci Tube.

I have no idea about Lasers or components as I am a newbie so would appreciate any input or help.

WK Laser I think uses lasercut software and the Shenhui machines use Laserwork software.

Your advice and help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

I have a WK and am very very happy with the machine and the service. LaserCut is pretty decent software, but I find it much easier to design in Inkscape and import into LaserCut rather than try to do everything in Lasercut.

Hey Joe,

Where about in Australia are you?

I have bought an NC1290 (1200x900) laser from China Nice Cut Machinery and it should be arriving this week, if Customs plays nice.

A mate of mine in Caboolture bought one a few months ago from the same mob and I was so impressed by their service and the price, that I have bought one with a 100W RECI tube.

1290 machine
    2 x 100w reci tubes
    Auto focus
    Leetro controller
    Spare cutting mesh table
    CW5000 chiller
    Rotary attachment

CIF to Brisbane for AUD $5500
    I expect Customs, GST, delivery to my house and freight clearance company fees to be about another AUD $1800.

Hi,

I just purchased and paid for today an LC 1290 from Wk Laser FOB.

Not sure if you need 2 tubes because they wear out if sitting on the shelf without using them so I just purchased 1.

Lucy was awesome with answering questions and the plus side is a printer driver is being developed for the WK Laser with a US company which in future I will be able to use any software to cut or engrave.

I believe the WK Laser uses the Leetro Controller and the new driver may work with your machine.

I purchased a 80 Watt Reci LC 1290 which I think by reading on here is the right amount of power where you can engrave and cut.

I am based in Melbourne. What kills it importing in Aus is the $650 or so in Customs fees alone then add the 10% GST and 5% import tax and other bits and pieces.

So my machine is probably a month away from being delivered.

Should be awesome..