586,655 active members*
3,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Beware of build 769
Page 1 of 6 123

Beware of build 769

Start on a new program with build 769, the only function that enable is profile, no drill, no pocket, no 3D. Rolling back again.

Post not working properly.

Build 769 uses the machine you have selected where the older versions did not.

Make sure under Cam Part-Milling Tools-Part-Current Settings you have a Milling machine selected.

If those are the only options you have then it sounds like you have a Laser/Plasma/Waterjet machine selected. Those are the only options for those types of machines.

HTH

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

Build 769 uses the machine you have selected where the older versions did not.

Make sure under Cam Part-Milling Tools-Part-Current Settings you have a Milling machine selected.

If those are the only options you have then it sounds like you have a Laser/Plasma/Waterjet machine selected. Those are the only options for those types of machines.
    I change that to Mill 3X when I first open the program, I did not realize it change back. Thanks for your help.

No problem, Glad I could help!
    AC

I chose Haas machine and use my regular post and the Z levels are off.Simulates fine,but Preditor is cutting air and the Z levels posted are too high.In guinea Pig Mode.

where do you have your machine setup origin located?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    AC

Make sure on your Milling Tools\Part\Current Settings\Multi-Axis Posting page you have the "Machine Definition Zero" set to "Real Machine Zero" if you are using the "Work Offsets" XYZ values to shift your part for simulation in BobCAD.

Have you entered values into the Work Offset XYZ in your machine setup of your part?

AC
    AC

You must setup your machine configuration properly a la the new Getting Started in V25 manual that Al posted a few weeks back. I had a problem with all my XYZ moves being off the part. Realized it was in the machine setup and then everything was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    You must setup your machine configuration properly a la the new Getting Started in V25 manual that Al posted a few weeks back. I had a problem with all my XYZ moves being off the part. Realized it was in the machine setup and then everything was fine.

Everything appears ok,but it is off.Why do they need to screw up the users that are not using 4 or 5 axis????????????????????Someone please take a look at this simple tool path with default settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes like the others are stating, with the Multiaxis functionality a whole lot of work has been done to the posting engine to handle the multiple scenarios of multiaxis machining.

In turn we spent a whole lot of time to make this not effect the way the current 3 axis users are working. A couple of the things that you want to look at most importantly with this new build:

1. Pay attention to the machine being used in Part->Current Settings. In the past the Machine wasn't as critical as it is now. Now we use the full machine kinematics in posting! As a default I would suggest using the BC_3X_Mill as a reference and build your own machine to its proper specs. If you simply choose the BC_3X_Mill and post with your appropriate post, your output should match exactly as it did in previous builds.

As a second note on this, if you right click Milling Tools and choose Default->Current Settings, the machine you pick on there will become your default machine for all newly created files.

2. The MultiXPosting page in the current settings does play a large role in the coordinate output now giving a lot more flexibility. For 3 axis output, the items on the right hand column are the primary ones to be concerned with. For a 3 axis (and most 4 axis) use Real Machine Zero, with the Move List coordinates set to Machine Compensation in Z only.

3. For the guys wondering how to get the Rotary toolpath to post properly, we have installed several BC_?X_Mill machines and mill posts that show several different scenarios. For most ISO G-code controllers, the BC_4X_Mill and BC_4X_Mill.millpst should prove to be an excellent guide for modifying your machine.

Also as always please make sure to check your help system in the What's New section as it does discuss new features, bug fixes, and with this release shows all the new posting blocks and variables that have been adding for these multiaxis cutting (which does include the 4 Axis Rotary toolpath )

Thanx for info.Question,what is the Haas for?Thats the machine I picked and the machine I got,but does not post right.I will try tonight what you suggested,but just wondering why have Haas as a choice if no fun.

OK ,set to BC_3x_Mill,that fixed that issue.Still wonder why if I select Haas,which is what I have,why no Fun?

Maybe the "haas" is a machine leftover from you.. I dont have a Haas listed as a selection.

There is a HaasVF.MillPst post that gets installed. The posts that are new and go with the new machines are the BC_ machines and posts. I will post more in a bit when I pull out my laptop.

AC

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    AC

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Maybe the "haas" is a machine leftover from you.. I dont have a Haas listed as a selection.
    Dammitt,you may be right

I now own a BC_3x_Mill as a machine,ha.

Sure hope that is the end of the adventure with new Up-Date.

Surely just jinxed meself,ha

No problem. Just glad we can help you out.

AC
    AC

okay...so let me get this right....

new update has issues with 64 bit computers...which as of this typing are pretty much everything that is sold new to the public...AND we now may have to add items to our post in order for them to work as they once did in previous update?

am i reading all this right with the issues people are having?...i got bit hard last update so i am in no way updating as of yet...

I would like to know exactly what the issues are with this and what is needed to work all in one post....please
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Use your same post,just change your machine from haas to BC_3x_Mill under Default current settings.So far,the little I have played,it is good.You might wait a day or two if you need V25 FOR work.Me,I use V23 all the time,so I can Guinea this update with not much worries.From whats been on the Forum today,it doesn't look like too many people are jumping in.I will have time tomorrow afternoon to give it a better shake.If there is anything you would like checked out let me know,I will Guinea for you.I use Haas post too.

I will take your advice...I do use V25 for work...sad thing is I have 4 jobs that the open pocket feature would come in handy on that I will start Cad on in the AM...BUT I know a workaround on it...

SO i will wait this out...until someone puts this beotch into action on a mill and makes chips... maybe SBCycle?

I wonder if Beta testers were used this go around...ya know like you and Burr and others on this forum prior to the release?...just to make sure issues were resolved... ummm NO!!

well as i have said before..i really like V25...so i have my figures crossed....that the major bugs are worked out so i can feel confident in updating and putting this to work...
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Page 1 of 6 123