587,496 active members*
3,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hybrid View

hardinge chuck

Hi everyone, I just bought a hardinge CHNC4, it came with two 6" 3 jaw Nortfield air chucks, no air tube, I have no need for two, so I would like to sell one. If anyone is looking for one please email me [email protected].

Hi All,

I thought that I would let everyone know that my lathe is back in operation. The software was just corrupt to begin with and reloading it all got the job done.

The issue was probably caused by a bad switch though. It seems that the secondary E-Stop switch was bad and much of the time not making contact. So you could never clear alarms. So they started playing with the control and such and messed up the software.

I have ordered that switch and a couple of others that look not so good, but in the meantime I disassembled the E-Stop switch and cleaned and reinstalled it.

The lathe itself is absolutely sweet. Spindle is totally quiet and both axis' are tight and quiet. Also found out that the drives were replace with A/C drives, a $10,000 upgrade!

I replaced the seals in the turret and in the collet changer while waiting and they are perfect. It did have a bad valve/seal holder in the collet closer and I made a new one for it. Now perfect!

Thanks for all of the assistance from the forum. I now have spare boards if anyone needs to trouble shoot parts.

Good luck to all.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28