587,490 active members*
6,517 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hybrid View

Just heard back from Hardinge and the files from Mark562 are the correct ones. The gentleman from Hardinge was Mark also, so maybe the same person?!?!?! No, different.

Had an issue with the collet closer and an air leak, so I'm working on that until parts arrive Monday. Had a small blown seal on a brass puck that had been damaged. Making a new one out of 303 stainless right now. Seals will be in Monday too.

I love bringing an old machine back to life!

Thanks again Mark.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

You are talking to 2 different Mark's, I found these files on another forum and posted here. I am still trying to get my machine running.

After replacing the burnt board and installing the commissioning data I still can not get the entire 24v system to work.

Guess it's time to call a tech.

more later Mark

I have an additional issue that I need help with.

In trying to upload the commissioning data, each time I hit the "DATA IN" button as in step 13 of the instructions, the control locks up. No buttons work after that. Only thing that can be done is turn the control off and restart.

I also found that if I go straight to "DATA IN/OUT" when I first turn it on it will lock up right there too. Data in or data out buttons both lock it up any time they are pushed.

Anyone have any idea what this can be? What board could be the issue?

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

hardinge chuck

Hi everyone, I just bought a hardinge CHNC4, it came with two 6" 3 jaw Nortfield air chucks, no air tube, I have no need for two, so I would like to sell one. If anyone is looking for one please email me [email protected].

Hi All,

I thought that I would let everyone know that my lathe is back in operation. The software was just corrupt to begin with and reloading it all got the job done.

The issue was probably caused by a bad switch though. It seems that the secondary E-Stop switch was bad and much of the time not making contact. So you could never clear alarms. So they started playing with the control and such and messed up the software.

I have ordered that switch and a couple of others that look not so good, but in the meantime I disassembled the E-Stop switch and cleaned and reinstalled it.

The lathe itself is absolutely sweet. Spindle is totally quiet and both axis' are tight and quiet. Also found out that the drives were replace with A/C drives, a $10,000 upgrade!

I replaced the seals in the turret and in the collet changer while waiting and they are perfect. It did have a bad valve/seal holder in the collet closer and I made a new one for it. Now perfect!

Thanks for all of the assistance from the forum. I now have spare boards if anyone needs to trouble shoot parts.

Good luck to all.

Mike

Re: Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hello. everyone.
    I just got a cnc lathe Hardinge chnc 1 and I need help.
    It's a 810 T siemens controler 1987 in good condition...
    I need to load commisioning data and I don't know how to do it...
    I have read a lot of info on the web and I know you guys can help...some of you had the same problem .
    I have the data from hardine costumer support but no comunication with the lathe what so ever...
    Any advice will be apeciated...

Peter

[QUOTE=campet;1535434]Hello. everyone.
    I just got a cnc lathe Hardinge chnc 1 and I need help.
    It's a 810 T siemens controler 1987 in good condition...
    I need to load commisioning data and I don't know how to do it...
    I have read a lot of info on the web and I know you guys can help...some of you had the same problem .
    I have the data from hardine costumer support but no comunication with the lathe what so ever...
    Any advice will be apeciated...

Peter[/QU

You must have comms set up to load the data. Let us know how that is going.

Mike

Hi Mike,
    On the files Hardinge sent me there are instructions how to do it...
    I did that using an old laptop with Win 95 setting Hiper terminal and so ...
    but no results...
    If i can get instructions from someone (step by step) exactly how they did it ....with pictures ...wont hurt...
    A hint...I think my problem is the cable???
    There are 2 lpt ports on the machine one inside the cabinet ,another in the front of machine...
    Which one is recomended to use...

Peter

Here are the detailed instructions and the Comm Data. You have to follow the directions exactly. Read through very carefully and make sure you understand them fully before you start.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anyone out there have commisioning data for a post sn 2839 hardinge CHNC 1 with Seimens 810T machine?

Thanks