587,013 active members*
3,653 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > Maintenance DIY Discussion > Reversing King PDM-30 motor rotation

Reversing King PDM-30 motor rotation

Hi, i need to be able to reverse the rotation on my King drill mill, did a bit of research and it seems that if i reverse the wires feeding the magnetic field coils i will change the rotation, probleme is, i will have to take the motor apart in order to find those wires, i was hoping somebody on this forum could point me to what i should do.
    Comming out of the motor there are 6 wires all numbered 1 to 6.
    Any help or comments on is this possible or how i can get this done would be much apreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

I doubt you should have to take the motor apart to reverse the rotation.Can you say what type of motor is it. By that I mean is it a stepper motor,servo motor etc also can you say what is the power requirement for the motor, A.C or D.C. I believe this information can be obtain from the motor name plate.

The motor i'm trying to get going in reverse rotation is the one that is driving the spindle AC 220 volts 1 phase it also say's TYPE E on the sticker.
    There is a box screwed on to the motor, and all that is in there is a reset switch and the capacitor.
    The six wires comming out of the motor are all the same color and numbered 1 to 6.
    Paul

I found out how to reverse rotation, as i said in previous post there are 6 wires numbered 1 t0 6 that are all connect to a terminal block,,,,,,all you have to do is reverse wire number 5 and number 6.

Quote Originally Posted by paulsta View Post
    as i said in previous post there are 6 wires numbered 1 t0 6 that are all connect to a terminal block,,,,,,all you have to do is reverse wire number 5 and number 6.
    It is nice you have found your answer, but in future if you need an informed answer from those that do not have the exact machine but with the proper information could possibly give a satisfactory answer, I suggest you offer as much information as possible such as to the type of motor, 1ph? 3ph? DC etc.
    Info such as it has 6 leads and capacitor does not help all that much.
    Even a pic would help a lot toward an answer.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.