586,732 active members*
3,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Help with import

Hello Guys
    I'm newbie in laser engraving. I did some research and talk to 2 companies. I almost have decided on which one to go with. They offer me a good price about $1200 less then on eBay. And include rotary attachment,honey cone table,spare laser tube,spare lenses,water chiller.
    They will ship the machine to Chicago port. What fees I need to pay? Is it better to hire a custom broker?
    Also if you have imported a machine for yourself can you please post here a model number ,manufacturer and the price you paid?

Thank You

Look history here - it was at least two detailed topics where peoples step by step described laser purchasing in Chna and import into USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Look history here - it was at least two detailed topics where peoples step by step described laser purchasing in Chna and import into USA.
    I tought so but it not easy to go through 54 pages of threads and look for that specific information. I tried to use the "search" function but it never works for me.

I bought from XYZ-Tech their (1280 1200x800mm) model. Total customs fees were less than $100 But the fees from the customs broker were $500 then there was a final warehouse fee of $220. But then again I ordered 3 machines, and had 2 pallets of stuff. The customs brokers fees were set in stone, didn't matter if I was importing a box of tissues or several pallets they charged the same minimum fee. If it's a desktop unit see if you can get them to fed-ex/UPS/DHL ship it. It'll save you tons of broker fees. And you can technically get around having a broker, it seems harder than I was willing to try, it requires 2 separate insurance bonds and the paperwork has to be dealt with at the port of entry. In my case that was NYC, and I live in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by bpoulin View Post
    I bought from XYZ-Tech their (1280 1200x800mm) model. Total customs fees were less than $100 But the fees from the customs broker were $500 then there was a final warehouse fee of $220. But then again I ordered 3 machines, and had 2 pallets of stuff. The customs brokers fees were set in stone, didn't matter if I was importing a box of tissues or several pallets they charged the same minimum fee. If it's a desktop unit see if you can get them to fed-ex/UPS/DHL ship it. It'll save you tons of broker fees. And you can technically get around having a broker, it seems harder than I was willing to try, it requires 2 separate insurance bonds and the paperwork has to be dealt with at the port of entry. In my case that was NYC, and I live in Georgia.
    I have talk to custom broker already and he told me that he charge $125. Then about $35 bond insurance and he said that probably I will need to pay warehouse fee like you did. He said the warehouse fee depends on warehouse. And 2.4% import tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Pysiek View Post
    Hello Guys
    I'm newbie in laser engraving. I did some research and talk to 2 companies. I almost have decided on which one to go with. They offer me a good price about $1200 less then on eBay. And include rotary attachment,honey cone table,spare laser tube,spare lenses,water chiller.
    They will ship the machine to Chicago port. What fees I need to pay? Is it better to hire a custom broker?
    Also if you have imported a machine for yourself can you please post here a model number ,manufacturer and the price you paid?

Thank You
    hi,what is the working area and power that you buy?Is it very very small ,used the old system, not DSP control system,and no USB port?
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.

Quote Originally Posted by vivinar View Post
    hi,what is the working area and power that you buy?Is it very very small ,used the old system, not DSP control system,and no USB port?
    Working Area: 120cm*90cm / 47in*35in
    Power: 80W
    USB optional but I do not want it.
    Vivinar I see that you are selling laser engravers also. I send you PM with my skype. Contact me.

Anyone have purchased before from vivinar/hanma laser?

Dear Pysiek
    I had added your Skype.
    I have a partner have office in America.i will talk detail with you in skype.
    Vivinar
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.