586,701 active members*
2,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question In Market for Laser Cutter

Hi there..
    Been lurking around the past couple of weeks trying to pick up as much information as I can before I decide on what machine to pick up. I am in the market for a laser cutter and am having a hard time deciding what machine to go with.
    I know I will be picking up a China made unit. American made, are not within my budget so that narrows it down. I see that Rabbit, Legacy, Full Spectrum, and Logilase are spoken about about in most posts. Being that I am new to this I cannot decipher the advantages one over the other. I have been to their sites but still cannot make up my mind. Not that I am asking for anyone to decide for me. but what is the communities concensus (if any). Out of the chinese brands which is mostly owned owned by forum members? is there poll in here that has been taken? I Know that I would like a unit from a manufacturer that has a US Base. And my last question. (for this post) what are the Pros and Cons between a 60W and an 80W unit. I would be needing to cut and engrave equally, both Wood and Acrylic.

Any posts would be appreciated. and a big thanks in advance.

Steve

Smile Rabbit Laser USA

We just got an 80 watt laser from Ray Scott owner of Rabbet Laser USA delivered and setup on Dec 2, 2010. I would recommend them to anyone that is going to buy an imported laser cutter/engraver. He sells one of the best Chinese lasers, but it is his service that he provides with it that makes it an excellent choice for newbies and veterans.

I too looked at Jamieson, Legacy, Brightstar, Full Spectrum, Logilase, but decided to go with Rabbet Laser USA. The laser cutter, on-site delivery, setup, training and warranty and of course price worked out to be that best combination out of all of the vendors.

I am working on a much longer post about my experience with him and the laser cutter. To make it short... I made the right decision to go with him/Rabbit Lasers USA. He is extremely knowledgeable about the lasers he sales and others, very passionate about what he does, a darn good teacher, and he is building a strong reputation for being the one to go with for imported laser cutters.

You can email me at [email protected] if you would like more details.

We bought ours from Legacy Lasers. With these guys you get a 2 year warranty which is what did it for us. We setup our own machine which was fairly easy & Dean was there when we had some questions. If we had to do it again we would go with Legacy for the support and extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by slaris View Post
    Hi there..
    Been lurking around the past couple of weeks trying to pick up as much information as I can before I decide on what machine to pick up. I am in the market for a laser cutter and am having a hard time deciding what machine to go with.
    I know I will be picking up a China made unit. American made, are not within my budget so that narrows it down. I see that Rabbit, Legacy, Full Spectrum, and Logilase are spoken about about in most posts. Being that I am new to this I cannot decipher the advantages one over the other. I have been to their sites but still cannot make up my mind. Not that I am asking for anyone to decide for me. but what is the communities concensus (if any). Out of the chinese brands which is mostly owned owned by forum members? is there poll in here that has been taken? I Know that I would like a unit from a manufacturer that has a US Base. And my last question. (for this post) what are the Pros and Cons between a 60W and an 80W unit. I would be needing to cut and engrave equally, both Wood and Acrylic.

Any posts would be appreciated. and a big thanks in advance.

Steve

Hello Steve,
    Nice to see your post here,and I am shanny. wondering have you made your decision about the laser cutter machine?

If no,take the liberty of introducing our Laser cutter machine,from JCUT china.
    We export to worldwidely and US a lot also.Also glad to show one of JCUT clients' post in this zone,if interested,you may have a look:
    <<<< http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_..._china_uk.html >>>>

And the following is the machine details:
    <<<< 80W CO2 Laser Engraver Cutter Engraving Machine JCUT-4060 - China Laser Engraver,Laser Engrave,Laser Engraving in Engraving & Etching Machine >>>>

We have machines in different sizes,Any other questions,feel free to contact me,my MSN is [email protected]

If you've made your decision,then neglact it.
    I wish you a great day~

Shanny

Thanks!

:cheers:Thank you for the Quick respones. I have yet to make a final decision. I will keep reading the forums and any other pertinant information. I plan on placing an order by mid Jan. so that gives me a couple weeks of reading.

Steve

I am going to buy one as well. I looked at the full spectrum but wanted a 24 x 36 travel and they never sent back a quote for one after several emails. I then looked at Legacy. He has a good price but none in stock so you have to wait 30 to 45 days after paying in full. My financing guy didn't like that. Rabbit laser has some in stock, comes with a used pc ready to go, will deliver, setup and train you although it is more than Legacy I feel it is worth it.

Look at XYZ technologies CNC Router Laser Cutting Machine CNC Engraving Machine-XYZ Technologies Limited, Mike is a great guy, he will answer TONS of questions. I can't speak for build quality, because my unit is on a ship on it's way from China. But so far, communication is beyond great. I've already talked to some people in tech support, and sales. They are quick to answer questions and emails, just keep in mind they are 12 hrs off of most of the USA so your replies will arrive overnight. And people say US based products have the best support, I don't buy it, put it this way, in Oct. I called several sales reps for Epilog and still haven't heard back yet!!! Now Rabbit USA was also very quick to reply, we talked at 11pm one evening (we were emailing back and forth at 11pm, not just a random call lol) Very nice guy, I ended up needing a much larger machine, and several types of machines.

Before you buy overseas keep in mind that Customs, and other fees will apply to import a machine. Roughly $400 plus duties. Then again I am importing a couple crates of gear.

Our 4th generation 40W deluxe lasers are the best value on the market.

We have 100% written USA software by us with direct drivers.

We also have mechanically superior base that is designed and produced only for us.

You can see the number of users and our support base on our support forums:
    www.fullspectrumengineering.com • Index page

If you really want a LaserCut 5.3 machine, we will beat pricing on any other USA based seller.