587,056 active members*
3,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Star SR32 Aux power for running air jet solenoid?

Star SR32 Aux power for running air jet solenoid?

I am trying to find the location to pick up power using m codes (m24/m25 I think) for turning on/off a solenoid valve. I cannot find the location in my manuals.

thanks for any help you can provide.

I am a bit confused on what you mean solenoid valve. Are you talking about the spindle locking mechanism? M25 should be your coolant on code. Although not all machines are the same, the sr32 I ran along with all other stars I've ran M25 is coolant on.

if your talking about the sub side air blast your code should be m14 on m15 off. A bit more information and I should be able to help.

M25 and M26 are for Coolant on and off also M14 and M15 are for Air blast on the Head2 side
    You are not talking about the AUX buttons on the control panel any way more info would helpful

Sorry about the confusion, the m codes I was thinking of are M150-M159. I am trying to add a solenoid valve that I can use to turn on/off an air jet, so I need a power source. Are there associated power outputs somewhere that are tied into these M15X codes?

Now if you are using rotary guide bush magic you cannot use M150 - M151
    In the electical manual with the machine should indicate where to connect to the apropiate M-code relay. There are two 24volt power supplies used in the machine so you need to check carefully the electrical diagram which one to use.
    The power supplies supplied are only for 24V DC low current and are not suitable for high current use. If you need high current then you will need to install a seperate power supply for your device.
    A relay should be supplied by Star in the machine for you to use which should be a single pole relay to switch the power.
    Personaly if you do not understand electrical drawings your should source a qualified electrician / qualified technical person to carry out the work and if the machine is still in warranty you will need check if you do not viod warranties if somthing goes wrong.
    All safety requirements should be adhered too.