586,700 active members*
2,734 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New, inexpensive CNC Plasma Machine

Majestic Machinery is now building CNC Plasma machines in the USA. Currently using Industry Controls Controller (Mach Industrial) that uses Ethernet motion control and has been proven with a 500 Amp system not to lose pulses. Ethernet Torch Height Control is available. The photo is shown using a straight torch, it fits inside our manual height control system that is not able to be driven off of a sheet or part. Using Nema 34 Steppers and planetary gear boxes. Exceeding 1,200 IPM rapid rates and smooth .1" per minute rates with the current build. Enclosed table, parking area for the torch allowing 3 sided and over head loading puts this frame and control in a class with all of the high end manufacturers.

We would love to hear any constructive criticism from users.

THANKS !!
    Kirk

Pics didn't show on the first post....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20100803_16MOD.JPG   20100803_20MOD.JPG  

pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20100803_19MOD.JPG   20100803_21MOD.JPG   20100803_28MOD.JPG  

Looks pretty nice. Do you have more details?
    -Cutting bed sizes
    -Torch Height details (method of sensing plate surface, arc voltage control accuracy?)
    -Acceptable to use with high frequency plasma systems?
    -positioning accuracy
    -pricing?
    -where is it built?
    -website?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Looks pretty nice. Do you have more details?
    -Cutting bed sizes
    -Torch Height details (method of sensing plate surface, arc voltage control accuracy?)
    -Acceptable to use with high frequency plasma systems?
    -positioning accuracy
    -pricing?
    -where is it built?
    -website?

Jim
    Hi Jim,

Cutting bed sizes that have been made to date are 4'x4' and 5'x10' and can go to 20' x 120' with no problems

A torch fits inside the manual THC and works better than I thought possible.

Torch height control was just recently finished and is working quite well. We are using the Industry Controls "Scorpion" motion controller. www.industrycontrols.com It is Ethernet based for up to 5 axis and they have made a torch height control as an add on board. It uses a splitter on the dc voltage and monitors up to 300 VDC that I am aware of. It can go higher I am told. I will have to ask about accuracy.

It has been tested on an old 500 amp system and did not miss a beat. The UDP Ethernet system checks for lost packets of data and confirms the receipt of them. This has allowed us to have excellent positioning and arc control in some places with high frequency noise coming in from numerous directions.

Positioning accuracy is +/- 0.002" We use planetary gear boxes which will last a very long time especially opposed to belts and timing gears. Combine this with Nema 34 stepper motors it will provide years of long lasting service in some of the worst environments.

Pricing (Includes control) - You only need to add your plasma or we can supply you one as well.
    4'x4' = $12,500.
    4'x8' = $15,900.
    5'x10' = $19,500.

Frame, control and software are all from the USA. I import the motors and drives.

www.majesticmachinery.com is the website. Kenny should have the plasma and HVAC section done very soon. He has been working on the photo's. I will shoot you a note when he finishes it.

Thanks,
    Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I would like to know your pricing for your 10 to 1 gearbox/1kw ac servo motor with encoder/driver setup

could you pls email me the pricing to " dan at ubcustom dot com "

also the pricing for the breakout board (both of them)

thanks
    Dan

A little late for asking but I guess you got the quotes? Never heard back.

Thanks,
    Kirk

no i never got the quote and i havent got to build the new cnc table that i was going to build..

i wouldnt mind getting the price for the future

thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanOSB View Post
    no i never got the quote and i havent got to build the new cnc table that i was going to build..

i wouldnt mind getting the price for the future

thanks
    Dan
    Hi Dan,

Motors, drives and gear boxes with prices are located at www.majesticmachienry.com and Industry Controls Home

Thanks,
    Kirk