586,724 active members*
3,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Where did you purchase your laser from?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legacy Lasers

5 16.13%
  • Epilog

4 12.90%
  • WK Laser

14 45.16%
  • Golden Laser

0 0%
  • Logilase

0 0%
  • Redsail

8 25.81%
Page 4 of 6 23456
    I've cut my first real "project" today. Image attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D_FLY.jpg  

Nice job!!! Looks really good.

Hi fantasy2,

Just a great fly - really nice job !!

Regards
    - Hannu

fantasy2,

Great work - what's your next project ?.

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy2 View Post
    I've cut my first real "project" today. Image attached
    HaHa, I just did a 3d butterfly. I did a few other projects too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gift4mom.jpg   55PERCENTresize.JPG   BUTTERFLYresize.JPG  
    Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

rcpilot82,

Brilliant, its these first projects that make it all worth while.

Tweakie.

Is it an idea to start a thread about cutting speed and power for different materials and different types of laser tubes? The trail and error way is fun to do but takes a LOT of time. If we put our hands together, I'm sure we could help each other .

Like.. I've cut acrylic plastic, 2mm at speed 20 with 85% power. This goes OK but not very smooth cuts(laser doesn't fire when I put it at speed 10). Cardboard, 1mm thick cuts nicely at speed 30, 20% power. Faster is possible but the cut lines are not smooth and look like the laser vibrated.

OK, I have a PDF. Can I make into something I can Laser?? I have AutoCad, Illustrator, photoshop,and acrobat. I need the lines to be solid (for cutting) and stay in scale. Anyone know how to do this??

Not sure if coreldraw can import the PDF directly. What I did is, I saved the pdf as BMP, then import it to coreldraw and then vectorized it. Then I used autocad to do the last adjustments before I send it to the laser.

If you don't have coreldraw you could download a free (trail) version from their website.

rcpilot82

CorelDraw and Xara Xtreme both import PDF format well but if you already have Adobe Illustrator then you could use that to create the BMP then as fantasy2 says use Corel.

Tweakie.

Thanks for the help guys. Alot of the projects that I am getting asked if I can do are in the PDF format. Hopefully all this converting and clean up work won't take a long time so I can keep the cost down. I'll have to get a copy of corel and learn it too I guess. Is there by chance a program that can convert and vectorize all in one?

Is there by chance a program that can convert and vectorize all in one?
    Come on, that would make it far too easy

The problem, as I am sure you have already found, is that one program excels in one thing only so we end up buying lots of programs to achieve the best possible results.

Tweakie.

Hi,Guys,
    We are one of the professional suppiler in producing large scale laser cutting machine especailly to cut metals --carbon steel ,mild steel ,stainless steel,brass,sliver ,etc, thickness from 0.1-8mm.The laser powder is around 500-620W,it can process object max 4000*1500mm in size.

We have already export to easten europe,east-south asian,Australia,I can promise you to give you our best price and after-services.

For more info.pls log to our website http://www.tqlaser.com
    Rgds!
    Tony Gao

Tony,

Your website would have more impact if it had less adverts and flying graphics - I didn't get to read anything because I got fed up waiting for the page to load.

Tweakie.

laser metal cutting machine supplier

Hi,Tweakie:

Sorry to waste your time ,our comapy website is just upgrating ,but I promise that we are the first company successufully work out the large working area laser cutting machine especially cut metals sheet or pipes in 0.1-8mmT.

The machine has 3 servros in X,Y,Z axises,the main characteristic is as below:
    1,boby of machine is made with cast steel which normally used in military equipments,
    2,Servor motores are from Panasonic,Japan,
    3, high precision ballscrews transmision from Taiwan-Japan joint venture,
    4,Automatically focusing height follower comes from US technology.
    5,it can install rotary system to cut metal tube/pipe,

Actually,we are the No.1 supplier in domestic market for this kind of machine ,now we want to expand our selling to abroad ,it is good that Brazil,Vietnam has bought 3sets of our machine.

We need your help to prompt our machine to Worldwide ,thanks .

Tony Gao

laser metal cutting machine supplier

Hi,Friends:
    Find below our Tianqi Laser company's products main features and spc. as below.

Machine features:
    1. High precision: an precise cutting for various precision part, arts and crafts.
    2. Fast speed: 100 times higher than linear cutting
    3. Small heat affected zone, good dimension stability. Flat and handsome*laser-slotted, without later process
    4. High performance/price ratio: the price is only 1/8 of the similar CO2 laser cutting machine and 2/5 of the equivalent NC Punch
    5. Low use cost: only USD2 per hour which is 1/8-1/10 of the similar CO2 laser cutting machine (USD22-USD35 per hour)
    6. Low follow-up maintenance cost: only 1/10-1/15 of the similar CO2 laser cutting machine and 1/3-1/4 the equivalent NC Punch
    7. Steady performance: as a mature laser apparatus, the YAG laser cutting machine is suitable for most metal manufacturing and processing industry
    8. Steel plate cutting thickness:0.1mm-8mm.

Application
    YAG laser cutting machine has been widely used in different kinds of manufacturing and processing lines: metal billboard, metal advertising letter, sheet metal structure, high-low voltage electric cabinet, textile machinery, kitchenware, metal artwork, metal parts, spectacle frame, etc, which have brought customers a high ratio of interest.

Applicable materials:
    Stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, spring steel, copper sheet, aluminum heet, gold, silver, titanium sheet and pipe.

Tony Gao

Ok, To put this thread back on track, I am still trying to figure out how to convert a PDF into a useable dwg. any more input on software options would be great.

rcpilot82,

For ease of use you have just got to try Corel.
    Open PDF - modify as required - Export DXF.

You perhaps need to borrow a copy to 'try before you buy' but it should do all you require.

Tweakie.

Tweakie, I will do that. my concern was that I have about 120 pdfs to do and don't want to be working on them for the next 2 years. I will try Corell.

I use Corel Draw and have found that some pdf's will import as vector lines, and some of them import only as raster images that have to either be traced or converted into a bitmap in order to do anything with them.

If you want to either post a couple here, or pm me and send me a couple, I will try to convert a few for you.

Skip

Page 4 of 6 23456