586,713 active members*
2,950 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good news for DMG owners

Mori Seiki has done a stock swap with DMG. Looks like DMG has finally realized they need serious help in the US, now all the Mori offices will be handling DMG parts and service.

will Mori do better with the DMG's then when they tool over the Hitachi Seiki line?

Well, yes, I believe they will. You have to remember, Mori didn't take over the Hitachi line. The Japan government pretty much wanted them too. Hitachi was bankrupt and no other builder wanted it. The simple truth is if Mori didn't buy Hitachi out of bankruptcy, you would have pretty much a zero chance of getting some parts.

DMG is strong in other country's, they just had problems in the US. It's a different scenario. DMG is still producing parts and machines, just using Mori's infrastructure in the US to support the line.

Parts I agree with, but if the Mori service people don't get the proper training can the service be any better then current. I guess it will depend on the level of commitment that Mori puts into it. I have seen to many of the "new" ideas that have come out and after the first few months it becomes obvious that the required output goes beyond what the upper personal thought and they move on to the next project. I hope for the sake of all involved they truely back this project better.

Talking

The very most from DMG America moved into DMG Mori Seiki America.
    Their dealer is Ellison which will give even more possibilities in service.
    Some cross training did already happen and it will continue.
    I know that the service structure from DMG in America was always weak, especially in the West and Central. So I think this new company can only be an improvement.

I think since Mori actually wanted to do this, yes I think service will be better. Mori in some countries already does Tsugami, they also bought Dixie, Sony scales, among a few others. Out on the West Coast, it surely can't get any worse, and I think it's good for DMG to have a stable network. Mori is not a new player in this whole machine tool game, and they do own a good portion of Ellison as well.