587,249 active members*
3,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M11 whippin my butt

Guys, I have been given a 2000 Mori Seiki lathe with live tooling for my dept. The thing is, i have no clue how to use it. Not too scared of the thing, but i want to use M11 to open my collet so i can use my subcollet to pull the material out and then begin my program over. After i put my M11, the machine times out with an EX1079 alarm. I am trying to check out the dogs in the back, but kinda wondering if there is something else that i am surely missing. thanks!!!

You should have 2 switches on the back, probably SQ60 and SQ61. When you command the collet open (M11) one needs to be on and one needs to be off depending on if you are using OD or ID chucking. If you are using OD then SQ60 should be on and SQ61 off. If you are using ID chucking then SQ60 is off and SQ61 is on. When chuck is clamped (M10) then both should be on. Hope this helps.

M11

Agree with switches. You can also go to the operator panel in custom and turn the chuck switches to invalid. That is a one shot deal ( it will re-set itself ). Might be a good way to make sure its the m11. To set the switches, do M10/M11 in MDI, if the cycle start lamp stays on you need to adjust/replace the switches on the actuator. Follow the last post. He has it correct.

It seems to me that the spindles must first be synchronized before you can un-clamp the main spindle. I can't remember the code, but I remember having that same problem in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker38 View Post
    It seems to me that the spindles must first be synchronized before you can un-clamp the main spindle. I can't remember the code, but I remember having that same problem in the past.
    Exactly, the two spindles must be synched up for it to do a pick off, and continue running.

So synch their rotation, advance the sub, pick the part off in the sub, part it of or just pull the slug out, (whatever it is your doing), home the sub G28 H 0, and continue working on the main spindle.