587,255 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD Sales Dept does it again.... for the last time this time.
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    I
    Next thing you know, your ISP will have a glitch that will block you from the Zone and you will accuse the admin of a conspiracy to ban you..
    This is a great example of how your arrogance gets you in deep with things you know nothing about.

"I" was most certainly blocked by the zone. Not a "glitch in my isp, and my delusion on a conspiracy... (See how you make up all those parts, to suit your needs?)

The only part I got wrong in that thread was that it was "Intentional"....

But you'll also note in that thread, that I posted my disappointment, without being condescending, belligerent and inflammatory and accusing people of complete falsehoods.... I stated my piece, got corrected on the intentional part, then got resolution, and thanked Paul for it.

You???? willing to slam all who get in the way of your hidden agenda. But, it's not hidden anymore...........

OK, just so I am sure of what`s going on here, are we all absolutely sure the emails are from BobCAD ? ?

I regularly get emails that are supposed to be from my Bank, Paypal and several other places, however when I have checked the email properties and the paths for any links it becomes obvious that the emails are not from where they appear to be from ! !

Maybe a disgruntled former employee who took some customers details and are just playing the "Troll" game knowing it would give BobCAD a hard time ! ? ! ? ! ?

WOW!!
    It is amazing how bent out of shape people can get over "today's" sales tactics. No hidden agenda. Get that money, plain and simple.

We handle this quite easily.
    We paid in full, up front. That means EVERY call is a salesman praying. Every letter is a written prayer. No different than a door to door vacuum salesman...

If we did not call for tech/sales support... Caller Id tells the office to ignore the call. If we did not order anything, we drop the "bill" in the trash.
    It is the world we live in now. Get over it guys. Don't turn against each other over something so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JEST View Post
    WOW!!
    It is amazing how bent out of shape people can get over "today's" sales tactics. No hidden agenda. Get that money, plain and simple.

We handle this quite easily.
    We paid in full, up front. That means EVERY call is a salesman praying. Every letter is a written prayer. No different than a door to door vacuum salesman...

If we did not call for tech/sales support... Caller Id tells the office to ignore the call. If we did not order anything, we drop the "bill" in the trash.
    It is the world we live in now. Get over it guys. Don't turn against each other over something so silly.
    DITTO

I am starting to wonder if BoB is going to respond here before we self destruct.Silence is not golden.

Poor Al,hope he has a great vacation,just to come back to this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I am starting to wonder if BoB is going to respond here before we self destruct.Silence is not golden.

Poor Al,hope he has a great vacation,just to come back to this mess.
    Have you noticed how long it takes for them to respond on there own forum?

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    Have you noticed how long it takes for them to respond on there own forum?
    First, this is not there[SIC] forum, this is CNC Zone's forum. BoB has his own forum, we just seldom go there.

Second, (Mr. Blues) telling them to get lost and not ever call you again, then later buying a new version, is like dumping a girl friend and telling her you never ever want to see here again only to call her on a Saturday night for a date.

We can all agree that their sales tactics can be annoying and aggressive at times, we have all endured that. I just hope that all understand that, in this economy, all of us in business are doing everything we can to survive and make a living. The pickings out there are a tad thin.

How about we agree to disagree and just let this thread fade away for awhile. Tempers have flared enough.

Cheers to all----Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

bobcad guy Guest
    There is no right answer, or wrong answer here. Why must everyone argue about this? If someone FEELS they have been treated wrongly, or underhandedly, then they are right, that's how they FEEL, and if someone else sees the same situation and they FEEL that it is a perfectly acceptable thing, then they too are correct, that's how THEY feel. Its like arguing that cutting 3/16 deep is wrong, I use 5/32 deep cuts. Both are right, if that's what you want to do. My only thought on the whole thing is, it should clearly say " this is not a bill" on it, in bold type, like when you get a first medical bill, before the insurance has paid its share. Ok, now yas can rip into me.

Why you taking such wimpy cuts?lol

Quote Originally Posted by bobcad guy View Post
    There is no right answer, or wrong answer here. Why must everyone argue about this? If someone FEELS they have been treated wrongly, or underhandedly, then they are right, that's how they FEEL, and if someone else sees the same situation and they FEEL that it is a perfectly acceptable thing, then they too are correct, that's how THEY feel. Its like arguing that cutting 3/16 deep is wrong, I use 5/32 deep cuts. Both are right, if that's what you want to do. My only thought on the whole thing is, it should clearly say " this is not a bill" on it, in bold type, like when you get a first medical bill, before the insurance has paid its share. Ok, now yas can rip into me.
    I think there is a bit of right and wrong here. Sending an advertisement or quotation as an invoice could be overlooked as a poor marketing strategy. My opinion is that you are perpetuating a fraud when you start sending collection-like notices marked "Past Due". You don't pitch those in the Round file hoping they will go away. A business must take that seriously whether they like it or not. The first time this happened to us we received two "Past Due" letters after pitching the first one in the garbage. They get increasingly stern if you ignore them.

In the 28 years we have been in business not one vendor has been paid past due - not one. When you have an impeccable record like that you take Past Due extremely serious.

EDIT: And thank you to the moderator for cleaning up this thread and keeping it on topic. I didn't ask for it but appreciate it.

I didn't know that I should have to pay someone or deal with it myself to handle every non legitimate invoice (with no invoice number) that I receive. Thanks for the insight.

I would think that if anyone would try to pursue a non legitimate invoice and turn it into collections, an attorney would have fun with that. They also would possibly be able to receive compensation for damages.

RAF

If you are fortunate enough to be able to meet with your customers, plan a production schedule, program and machine parts, order tools and material and also personally handle and pay your invoices for these shop materials I tip my hat to you. The owner here once was able to do all that (minus the programming) and I don't know how he did it for as long as he did.

I would think your time was more valuable making chips, not opening envelopes. I return the thanks for the insight.

May be out of order here but if it is such a big deal for some folks why doesn`t everyone who receives one or more of these Letters/Invoices just send them to the West Florida Better Business Bureau in Clearwater which I believe is where BobCAD is located ? ? ?

Home - West Florida BBB

Pretty sure that a bunch of complaints to them would result in BobCAD rapidly making changes to the way they send stuff out

Oh, BTW, yes, I have received emails extolling the virtues of taking out support/maintenance packages, never had an Invoice for sure but plenty of the other kind
    Yes, I also have one of those round filing cabinets, that and the delete button works for me

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

P.S. Please Burr and SBC put an amicable end to the discussion, a little heated at times, I have the greatest respect for the both of you and your immense contributions over the years and it hurts to see you ending up in such a daft argument

PEACE PLEASE :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Sit back and have a couple of "cold ones"

All my Children, One Life to Live, and Peyton Place, all rolled into one.
    I feel like a soap opera addict watching this thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    P.S. Please Burr
    That's not going to happen Rob... Although the moderator "cleaned" the thread, he has now entered my "pm" box with it.... It contained his resume, a guess at my resume, and some more vile things to say to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    and some more vile things to say to me.......
    Isn't that against forum rules? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It probably wasn't "forum rules" vile.... But I never use the "report" systems anyway.

I was banned once a long time ago. I got tired of being attacked in the BobCad forum, and thought that if the moderators thought it was ok, that I would go to the forums that "those people" were in and say all the same stuff. I was banned within the day. Apparently, it was only allowed in the BobCad forum.

But it seems we have a moderator now? We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Only if it was true

This remains on the forum by someone's choice. It certainly isn't mine. I think there is some intention of getting the thread locked, it's worked before.

Hey guys I am back from vacation and need a moment to understand what is being said in this thread. I think the main topic is about the SOD invoice for support renewal and it being sent a second time with a "past due" on it. As far as I understand the support services are offer for 12 months, after the 12 months are over and invoice is sent to renew your support plan. Which if goes unpaid, then your support doesn't renew.

I think what has happened is marketing sent a past due or "second chance " renewal invoice / letter that has upset some users. Being taken as fishing or some other non creditable method of renewing support services.

I know as a policy BobCAD likes all of it's customers to be on our current version and current with their support plans. This allows us to deliver a higher standard of support and training to our clients. I also know that when your support plan is up for renewal or in other words your support "term" is over an invoice is either emailed or mailed to our clients to let them know their support service is about to end and what the cost is to renew their support plan and what's included.

I think this is fine for most of our users, but what has a few upset is the "past due" or second chance / reminder letter / invoice that was mailed out. This topic is being review by management currently and I am sure a resolution will be provided shortly. If there are any additional concerns about this topis that need to be addressed immediately please call me at 866-408-3226 X147

Glad to be back!
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Hi yes maybe but in my Case i did like on my Version that i have mill and lathe in One Package ,.. So now i understand Software Splits ,.. I cant See my Upgrade path ,..

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 1234