587,714 active members*
5,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD Sales Dept does it again.... for the last time this time.
Page 2 of 4 1234
    Are you guys getting these bills in the mail or E-Mail.
    Wonder what the heck is going on.
    Hope they are not going to undo all the hard work they have done these last few years to improve their image.
    Al,tell us it ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Al,tell us it ain't so.
    1740 posts and you have to ask that?

Hope they are not going to undo all the hard work they have done these last few years to improve their image.
    You mean the ones coming into this forum with words like "Scam", "Fraud" and "Underhanded"???? Yeah, that's how that ball gets rolling....

But then, only the uninformed actually believe those types of comments.

Uh,SBC's post really got my attention.He doesn't Blow Smoke up our you knows whats.

He doesn't Blow Smoke up our you knows whats.
    Well, jr, there was no doubt the email and phone calls happened, but:

Fraud?
    Scam?

You may need a bilabial frickative to get rid of some smoke........

As I'm the one who starting this particular ball/thread rolling.... I guess from my perspective, it's unfortunate that these things happen, but it appears to be more than an isolated incident. I count myself among those who really don't enjoy posting negative comments in public places. I worked through what I thought were appropriate channels with BobCAD to try to resolve my issues before commenting publicly. It was only when I was completely frustrated that I felt compelled to share with others that might be experiencing the same thing.

Burr, you're one of the most knowledgeable and helpful folks here, but the reality is that for some of us, words like 'fraud', 'scam' and 'underhanded' actually feel more appropriate than they should. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true.

In my case, several folks at BobCAD went out of their way to make sure that my issues were addressed. Everyone's entitled to set their own company priorities. Personally, I think somewhere in the BC organization there's an emphasis on sales quotas that's overly aggressive, to the point of hurting the overall company image. That's not my call to make, though. I sincerely hope that the right folks are listening, and making appropriate adjustments. If not, then there will likely continue to be occasional flareups from customers that feel they've been pushed too far. Again, maybe this is an acceptable balance for BobCAD management. I like to think not. As I said, I personally feel like I was taken care of, and that the management commitment to making it right was sincere. I offer this, not to encourage others to publicly slam BC, but that there are folks there who really do care, and that we should continue to give these folks the feedback needed to make improvements.

<shrug>

Are you guys getting these bills in the mail or E-Mail.
    Wonder what the heck is going on.
    Al,tell us it ain't so.
    These notices are going out by mail. They have the BobCAD sales manager's name on them (Autumn P). They are marked "Invoice" with a remit date. They are not marked as advertisements nor do they imply they are a quotation for an optional service.

As some users have reported, if you ignore the first one another comes with a "Past Due" marked on it.

Is that a scam, fraud, underhanded? Only you can decide if you get a bill.

BTW, there was no reason for the text formatting there. I just thought it looked cool and it makes me look like I know something.

Quote Originally Posted by tlharris View Post
    In my case, several folks at BobCAD went out of their way to make sure that my issues were addressed.
    This has always been the case.

Has there ever been a rookie salesman who acted inappropriately? Sure. It's a large sales dept. Have they ever had some type of glitch in their computer systems? Sure. It's a large customer database that goes through changes. (none of these are unique to BobCad)

How someone chooses to handle it say's a lot. You can choose to be belligerent and spiteful and throw around words like "Fraud". But that's what a child would do.

My child runs up to me all the time telling me paragraphs of stuff about his little sister. I guess she should be in JAIL at this point, if I wrote it all down in here... Or, actually BELIEVED it....

Consider yourself informed...Attachment 223778

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyRivit View Post
    Consider yourself informed...

Well,

In my case, several folks at BobCAD went out of their way to make sure that my issues were addressed.
    Now you've just got a lesson too!

LOL, please pay promptly, children. Dad knows best.

Quote Originally Posted by LeakyRivit View Post
    Consider yourself informed...Attachment 223778
    Most of the Real Invoices that I receive, Have a Invoice Number. Checked a few of my past Real Invoices from Bobcad and they have numbers.

I take that as expired if you wanted to renew your past due.

I get stuff like that quite often in junk mail and it just goes in that Round file.

So this seems to happen to a lot of people? This does not look like a rookie salesman acting inappropriately; it sounds more in line with deliberate company policy. If you have to look it over and note an invoice number to determine if it is junk mail or not, you are more worldly than I am.

All the same, this is NOT an acceptable communication with professionals I have a business relationship with. I chose to cut any ties with a company that thinks this is an acceptable sales strategy.

Elwood,something is amiss.This is not something BoB does.Any attempt by me to say what that bill is about would just be speculation.
    I think Al is on vacation.(I am pretty sure he is)
    Give Al a chance to get this sorted before this becomes a s***fest.
    Al has proven to be a honest stand up guy,let's give him a chance.

Give Al a chance to get this sorted before this becomes a s***fest..
    Or you could "Call the Attorney General!"

The letter was just like that pictured, a past due bill. You guys might be used to such things, but mail like this scares me and gets an instant response.

I'll give it a chance, but I think Autumn (not April) got the message I did not want further contact.

I figured Al had the pull to 'just make it all stop." I tried IM'ing him about all this, but his profile was not set up to allow IMs.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Or you could "Call the Attorney General!"
    Why would anyone waste their time doing that? I would get an inquiry for sending an invoice like that. In the marketing industry it's blamed on a rogue sales person, they get the pink slip and it's business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    In the marketing industry it's blamed on a rogue sales person, they get the pink slip and it's business as usual.
    I would say "No person" sent you that. I would say that it's more like a guy like you gets to negotiate a special deal, that's outside of the rest of the world and then the system that generates their invoices didn't address special case circumstances and the "invoice" was generated on a customer that in fact didn't have a subscription, erroneously.

Easily addressed. It's been stated the original poster got satisfactory results with it.

Although, to make public posts as if there is fraud and some type of scam being perpetrated by "someone" seems kindof vindictive to me. Kindof like a hidden agenda.

The "Call the Attorney General" isn't a rabbit I pulled out of my hat. It was insinuated by you in your post that involving the attorney general on an issue like this is somehow something that should/would or CAN happen...... I'm pretty sure the attorney general would just tell you to call your vendor and get it squared away..... Unless HE had some type of hidden agenda....

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood_Blues View Post
    The letter was just like that pictured, a past due bill. You guys might be used to such things, but mail like this scares me and gets an instant response.
    Elwood, I agree with that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you being upset about it and needing the issue addressed. But that is a far cry from "Scam, Fraud, Intentional perpetration by individuals, That requires inquiries from the attorney general", etc. etc.......

Don't worry about it. It will be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    I would say "No person" sent you that. I would say that it's more like a guy like you gets to negotiate a special deal, that's outside of the rest of the world and then the system that generates their invoices didn't address special case circumstances and the "invoice" was generated on a customer that in fact didn't have a subscription, erroneously.

Easily addressed. It's been stated the original poster got satisfactory results with it.

Although, to make public posts as if there is fraud and some type of scam being perpetrated by "someone" seems kindof vindictive to me. Kindof like a hidden agenda.

The "Call the Attorney General" isn't a rabbit I pulled out of my hat. It was insinuated by you in your post that involving the attorney general on an issue like this is somehow something that should/would or CAN happen...... I'm pretty sure the attorney general would just tell you to call your vendor and get it squared away..... Unless HE had some type of hidden agenda....
    I insinuate nothing. You assume everything. I'm doing exactly what I said I would do, I am escalating this complaint until someone at BobCAD gets tired of hearing it.

How many times are you going to play that song accusing people of having a hidden agenda? Are you acquiring the taste for crow or are you arrogant enough to not care how many times you are wrong about it?

Half the posters here have been accused by you at one point of this "hidden" agenda. I'm trying to remember if this is the second or third time it's been directed to me. Next thing you know, your ISP will have a glitch that will block you from the Zone and you will accuse the admin of a conspiracy to ban you.

I noticed the "system" removed the sales manager's name from the fraudulent invoices. Me thinks the system has an agenda for that poor boy in sales. I kinda liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    I insinuate nothing. You assume everything. I'm doing exactly what I said I would do, I am escalating this complaint until someone at BobCAD gets tired of hearing it.

How many times are you going to play that song accusing people of having a hidden agenda? Are you acquiring the taste for crow or are you arrogant enough to not care how many times you are wrong about it?

Half the posters here have been accused by you at one point of this "hidden" agenda. I'm trying to remember if this is the second or third time it's been directed to me. Next thing you know, your ISP will have a glitch that will block you from the Zone and you will accuse the admin of a conspiracy to ban you.

I noticed the "system" removed the sales manager's name from the fraudulent invoices. Me thinks the system has an agenda for that poor boy in sales. I kinda liked him.
    There you have it. The hidden agenda. you want to make posts, speaking about "attorney generals" and now somehow claim that "I am putting those words in your mouth and "I am an attacker" of all good BobCad users.

I think your butt still hurts because you were so wrong about "BobCad creating doglegs" and just cant get over yourself. You THINK you picked up on my stating I am not a machinist and that "that" somehow "Makes me someone that you can make your little remarks at". You can go find all your posts that continue with that fantasy without a response from me on it, though, now I have pretty much had enough of you too. You know, we once talked about those people that were threatening you bodily and business harm, and I let you know I would help you out. But now it all becomes clear. Now, I understand.

You go ahead and stick with the Fraud and Scam delusion. Be sure to think up a bunch of stuff inside your own head, then berate all the others that disagree with you. You see, all I've done is dismiss the fraud and scam part, and you seem to have taken offense? Then, make your little snide comments that you have become known for? Seems you don't like a response to your little childish, snide comments? We no nothings should all just shut up and let you state your piece?

It's good I am clear on who you are.

Be sure to read off your resume again, so we all know how great you are.

Page 2 of 4 1234