587,828 active members*
2,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > ZW3D Should I buy Pro's & Cons.

Hybrid View

Hi,

I've been using VX CAD and CAM for 15 years. On the CAD side it has always done everything I wanted with plenty to spare. The CAM side works fairly well and has the potential to be real good if there developers would implement
    the changes that the users requests. The next thing they need to do on the CAM side is when they fix a bug make damn sure it's fixed and you didn't break 3 other things along the way. They also seem to forget that some user do not use the postprocessor they supply with the product and they need to keep the CL file output consistent from version to version.
    Did you know that VX.... ZW3D is a Chinese owned company? Varimeteix was sold to ZW3D. That's when the name change to ZW3D came about. I'm told that all the development is still being done in Florida. What I found very .............for lack of a better word, suspicious, is they changed the licensing scheme and ALL the licenses come out of China and Florida has no way of generating a license for the ZW3D product. If you would like to discuss this more send me an message and we can talk.

ZWCAD DOES IT AND SOME MORE

HAD VX THEN ONTO ZWCAD WHEN IT LANDED AFTER THE VX BUY OUT,THE PACKAGE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM CHINA IS EXCELLENT . I RUN THE PRO PACKAGE AND IT DOES A REALLY NEAT JOB ALL IN.