587,925 active members*
3,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

So, the only difference between the "hobby" world vs what I do everyday is a stepper motor without feedback and a system like fanuc that has feedback. The mach3 is the only level that I have not played with yet. It sounds simple enough to me. The software "mach3" uses the step of the motor and the pitch of the ball screw to calculate machine movement. You also assign "M & G" codes to other machine functions. So now I need to make sure that mach3 is configured to the way I want to program it. I will be programming it for imperial so I need to re-configure it for that and this is where the video come in? After that, I need a "simple" to use program to program my setup. I need to have a post processor that fits the machine. New question, when I get the software, which company will give the best tech support and supply the necessary post?

Smile Mach3 Forum

CNCWhiz,

For difficult to answer tech support questions, Brian is one of the developers of Mach.
    He among others will answer your questions very promptly.

Someone here or on the Mach3 forum most likely has a post processor for your machine.

http://www.machsupport.com/

Why not purchase from a vendor that has other automation parts that you plan on purchasing for your project.

That way you build some sort of relationship, $159.00 wont buy much today in the way of tech support.

There is a lot of knowledge here, most of the members really enjoy helping others.

Jeff Alessi

As I said at the begining of this thread, the machine was bought and is not being built. The guy is not getting any tech support and has issues. He is a sign maker not a machine builder or programmer. I am looking for the help of people like the ones in this form as well as links and tips from the web. I will be doing all the tweeking of the mach3 setup as well as programming development.