587,238 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can I remotely trigger the Mach 4 enable button?

I just got my old homemade plasma cutter running again. This time running using Mach 4. It's running great! Video link below shows it making it's first project under Mach 4 control. I have a Vista CNC I Mach III pendent. It does almost everything I need except it can't enable the machine. My PC is 20+ feet away from the Plasma Table and I don't know how many times I've made that walk over to the PC just to hit the enable button. Is there any way my pendent can enable Mach on the PC? If not Can I put a physical enable button on the machine? I don't see enable under the inputs for me to map a pin to. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S7An2HK-gs

Re: Can I remotely trigger the Mach 4 enable button?

Hi,
    in order to get the pendant to do it you'd have to program the pendant to do so....and that is VistaCNC's proprietary information. It would not hurt to equire about from them, but I suspect that
    you'll not get the source code to their device.

You can very easily add a button to enable the machine. You need to permanently fix a cable in a safe place and mount a push button on the machine somewhere. Actually getting it to do want you want
    will require a few lines of code, no more. Let us know when you 've got the button set up and I'll walk you through it.

Craig

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
    in order to get the pendant to do it you'd have to program the pendant to do so....and that is VistaCNC's proprietary information. It would not hurt to equire about from them, but I suspect that
    you'll not get the source code to their device.

You can very easily add a button to enable the machine. You need to permanently fix a cable in a safe place and mount a push button on the machine somewhere. Actually getting it to do want you want
    will require a few lines of code, no more. Let us know when you 've got the button set up and I'll walk you through it.

Craig