587,603 active members*
3,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: pcnc440's after near 3 yrs

I have a container of paint thinner doing the same thing right now , minus the bubbler .

If I ran a high volume shop then I'd be recycling in house . A company I worked for yrs ago had a machine for recycling our coolant , it worked more or less like a pasteurizer . It worked super well at bringing life back to skanky coolant and we never sent it out to the recyclers . Suck coolant out of the cnc tanks and hours later it was good to go . The best job done on that coolant was done by an ex dairy farmer who always laughed that it reminded him of being on the farm

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I have a container of paint thinner doing the same thing right now , minus the bubbler .

If I ran a high volume shop then I'd be recycling in house . A company I worked for yrs ago had a machine for recycling our coolant , it worked more or less like a pasteurizer . It worked super well at bringing life back to skanky coolant and we never sent it out to the recyclers . Suck coolant out of the cnc tanks and hours later it was good to go . The best job done on that coolant was done by an ex dairy farmer who always laughed that it reminded him of being on the farm
    Pasturizing milk at the dairy, we heated it and ran it thru a holding tube at 160 plus degrees, it held the 160+ for a period of a few seconds then cooled it back down immediately thru the press (a solution of amonia cooled brine thru the plates). I dont remember the exact parameters anymore but it killed all the bacteria in the milk. I guess that Texas sunshine would do that as well. Maybe here too as it was 99 here today...
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post

The bubbler is important for things like coolant as otherwise the water takes forever to evaporate once an oil layer forms on top.