587,473 active members*
3,338 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Suggestions for Mach4 Control Board

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What kind of spindle do you have that can do 700 rpm to 24000 forward and reverse
    It's a Chinese 2.3kw if I remember correctly. Sergey was awesome and noticed my VFD was only running a few different speeds so he researched it then walked me through programming it for everything. 700 was as slow as we could get it to go and still turn. Not sure it has much power to do anything at that speed though

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_Tap View Post
    It's a Chinese 2.3kw if I remember correctly. Sergey was awesome and noticed my VFD was only running a few different speeds so he researched it then walked me through programming it for everything. 700 was as slow as we could get it to go and still turn. Not sure it has much power to do anything at that speed though
    If your spindle is a Regular 24,000 RPM it has a minimum speed that must be set, 6,000RPM in the minimum speed for the water cooled 24,000 RPM spindles if it is air-cooled then the minimum speed is higher, he obvious did not know what he was doing with the Programing for your spindle
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If your spindle is a Regular 24,000 RPM it has a minimum speed that must be set, 6,000RPM in the minimum speed for the water cooled 24,000 RPM spindles if it is air-cooled then the minimum speed is higher, he obvious did not know what he was doing with the Programing for your spindle
    He didn't promise it would cut anything at that low of speed but it has come in very handy for checking out things when I didn't want it spinning at 6000.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_Tap View Post
    He didn't promise it would cut anything at that low of speed but it has come in very handy for checking out things when I didn't want it spinning at 6000.
    Blind leading the Blind very bad advice

You have no choice; the manufacture sets the minimum speed; of 6,000 RPM, it would never be able to cut anything or be able to be used for anything at that speed, you will be able to stop the spindle with your hand at that speed, you have a very high chance of damaging the windings also at that speed
    Mactec54