587,645 active members*
3,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: X axis is off center

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Your cam is no different than what any good shop would have

What ever suits you can do but in a real machine shop this would not fly, when you setup your first operation you usually machine all 5 faces , the second operation can be added to the same program or be a separate program which is more efficient than what you are doing
    If you say so. Mac Your the expert !

I also have expert level cam skills and would have no problem setting up parts anyway you or any shop would want them setup. Using 1 file or hundreds of files. Using one offset or hundreds of offsets, using one tool or hundreds of tools, milling one side or dozens of sides. Making one part or hundreds at a time. On any high end type of machine made. On any high end cam software sold.
    I also have expert level cad skills to compliment the cam skills with the ability to draw just about anything. Again using any high end cad software sold.

In short I can quickly adapt and learn any industry standard or job shop method. And always learning new skills, methods, and tricks from others.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    If you say so. Mac Your the expert !

I also have expert level cam skills and would have no problem setting up parts anyway you or any shop would want them setup. Using 1 file or hundreds of files. Using one offset or hundreds of offsets, using one tool or hundreds of tools, milling one side or dozens of sides. Making one part or hundreds at a time. On any high end type of machine made. On any high end cam software sold.
    I also have expert level cad skills to compliment the cam skills with the ability to draw just about anything. Again using any high end cad software sold.

In short I can quickly adapt and learn any industry standard or job shop method. And always learning new skills, methods, and tricks from others..
    No one was doubting what skill set you might have, those that post here don't have these skills, and there for your post is pointless, this does not help anyone but cause confusion

What you explained in your post would not help anyone the Zone is about helping not about you or what you can do
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No one was doubting what skill set you might have, those that post here don't have these skills, and there for your post is pointless, this does not help anyone but cause confusion

What you explained in your post would not help anyone the Zone is about helping not about you or what you can do
    Mac, how things should be a normal is really your opinion for if they come from the top or bottom. I find shops that come from the bottom all over the place and states. some start that way and some use it on there second op when coming from raw stock or other reasons.

So stating that the rest do not have skills really!!. you do not know what these folks know or how long they have been doing this. Or even that the way they do things was how they were trained. I have had my share of apprentices and trained them my way. may not be everyone's standard but I speak of different ways besides mine.

I teach the same way in my Mastercam classes I show them the tools and go through projects and we talk about different ways to hols and attack the projects.

But enough how I work or train. you want help like I think you do. give advice you can even say really this is how I suggest you do it. but to basically call them dumb in this trade. not going to go here.

pleas all continue to share your know how and you opinions really helps all around.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .