587,133 active members*
3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

Hybrid View

I have those same motors I just purchased from longs for two of my mills and I just heard back from longs after inquiring about the motor mounting and they responded that these motors are not designed to be used with ballscrews due to the high accuracy of ballscrews the steppers will not perform well. Have you actually ran these on your mill cutting anything yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rodw View Post
    Yes, I am using Longs motor with LinuxCNC. I like their DM542A stepper driver and use 25x microstepping with no problems. I am using a Mesa 7i76e ethernet board so don't use their breakout board but I have tested it and confirmed it works with LinuxCNC.

Re: Has anyone bought from Changzhou Longs-Motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I have those same motors I just purchased from longs for two of my mills and I just heard back from longs after inquiring about the motor mounting and they responded that these motors are not designed to be used with ballscrews due to the high accuracy of ballscrews the steppers will not perform well. Have you actually ran these on your mill cutting anything yet?
    I'm only using their stepper drivers to drive my plasma cutter which is a low torque situation. I don't expect that their motors would be any better or worse than those I purchased from steppers on line. I do have a friend with a Seig SX3 CNC mill and a home made CNC lathe who uses the same drivers and he has no accuracy issues.
    Rod Webster
    www.vehiclemods.net.au