587,675 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Vista CNC pendant and PP

Quote Originally Posted by TurboStep View Post
    I would at least have expected the installation to work - even if PathPilot may not start, so I decided to download the p1a-s package and give it a try. I'm not familiar with "running" a makefile but if you've copied the required files into the operator folder they can be installed by entering the following command in a terminal window:
    Code:
    make install
    Locate the HAL section in the ini file and add the p1as entry as shown below:
    Code:
    [HAL]
    HALUI = halui
    HALFILE = tormach_mill_5i25.hal
    HALFILE = vc-p1as-pp.hal
    POSTGUI_SHUTTLEXPRESS_HALFILE = millshuttlexpress.hal
    POSTGUI_HALFILE = postgui_tormach_mill.hal
    To my surprise PathPilot now started! It turns out that the conflicting entries preventing PP from starting have been commented out (see my old post http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...ml#post1849332). Not only that, but other functionality has also been disabled!
    I don't have this pendant but I presume that all the remaining functionality will be work to some degree, but to repeat what I said in my previous post, PathPilot is not "just" linuxcnc. You'll have to try it out and decide yourself.
    Step
    Well, first off please understand my coding knowledge is pushed to the limit even just following those instructions. with that said, are you saying the installation worked after you edited out the 2 lines in your previous posts or worked as is? Thanks for your help.

Re: Vista CNC pendant and PP

Quote Originally Posted by Strip View Post
    Well, first off please understand my coding knowledge is pushed to the limit even just following those instructions. with that said, are you saying the installation worked after you edited out the 2 lines in your previous posts or worked as is? Thanks for your help.
    Hi Strip
    Sorry, it looks like I threw you off a little with the reference to my old post. Just ignore that for the moment.
    Lee (VistaCNC) has already commented out everything that probably doesn't work properly. You won't have the full functionality you had with Mach3 but it looks like the basic features will still be usable, so all you have to do is to get it to install correctly.

After you have copied the files to the home/operator directory according to step 2 of the installation guide, open a terminal window by clicking on the small black rectangle in the title bar (with the >_ characters).
    Type make install and then press enter.
    Attachment 344646
    The two commands from the Makefile will be executed, automatically copying the files to the correct places and setting their permissions.
    You can now close the terminal window.

Copy or move vc-p1as-pp.hal to the specified directory.

The HAL section of the tormach_1100-3.ini file is not quite the same as shown in the installation guide. This is not a problem. It should however look like the example I provided in my last post. All you need to do is to add the the following line so that it looks like the HAL section from my example:
    HALFILE = vc-p1as-pp.hal

Save the file and reboot. Path Pilot should now start.

If for some reason your PathPilot still won't start, simply boot back to the desktop again, delete the line HALFILE = vc-p1as-pp.hal, save and reboot.

Let us know how you get on.
    Step