587,770 active members*
3,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Anyone Load PathPilot yet?

Has anyone noticed the issue I had with the limit switches?

Seems like you can't manually run the axes into the limit switches as you could before, as Pathpilot stops at the ref points once they're set, but if you happen to be beyond the ref stop points(as I was prior to the install of PP) then it's very difficult to get the machine reset and manually off the limit switches which was easy before with Mach III.

Quote Originally Posted by widget_maker View Post

Seems like you can't manually run the axes into the limit switches as you could before, as Pathpilot stops at the ref points once they're set, but if you happen to be beyond the ref stop points(as I was prior to the install of PP) then it's very difficult to get the machine reset and manually off the limit switches which was easy before with Mach III.
    I havent had the problem that you describe yet, I reference and the machine does its thing. I do like the soft limits though, as I seem to turn the jog wheel the wrong way most of the time, now it just does nothing rather than hits the limit switch again.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    as I seem to turn the jog wheel the wrong way most of the time, now it just does nothing rather than hits the limit switch again.
    I thought I was the only one who had that issue...

Quote Originally Posted by widget_maker View Post

You should be able to escape this by disabling the limits by in settings, jogging to the middle somewhere, re-enable the limits and then ref all the axis.