587,096 active members*
7,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 65 of 184 1555636465666775115165
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi, having a factory is one thing, doing all the work yourself is probably OK for a one off, but as for production and a market supplier, it takes a whole infrastructure set-up to make it work, that is more in terms of a return on investment.

Do you have a preference as to the design and materials for a mill build.....IE, castings or steel tube or steel fabrication, and to what extent will the machine owe it's existence to bought in items?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Skillalot has indicated that DEFENG is on stream and working to complete the orders, so now we wait.
    Ian.

... and haven't heard from defeng for a while now anymore...

I send him an order for some ballscrews, but after a week still not having a price I decided to send him to cancel that order.
    Ordered from Chai now instead, don't want to wait for it too long and Chai is always fast delivery.

Hi, Chai, whoever, is probably an established supplier with a system and supply line already working smoothly, as opposed to a start up and re-start up system as Defeng is apparently going through, so we patiently wait.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    ... and haven't heard from defeng for a while now anymore...

I send him an order for some ballscrews, but after a week still not having a price I decided to send him to cancel that order.
    Ordered from Chai now instead, don't want to wait for it too long and Chai is always fast delivery.
    well from what has been posted it sounds like defengs legal troubles have shut him down probably for good and would explain why he hasn't gotten back to you like he was several weeks ago. this appears dead in the water.

chai doesn't make anything. hes just an ebay seller.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    chai doesn't make anything. hes just an ebay seller.
    you don't know what you are talking about, he has a machine shop and will turn the ballscrew ends to whatever specs you like.

that doesn't qualify as making things. point was that his operation isn't a more mature version of defeng's as wanker was implying. its completely different.

Hi, being an established seller with an outlet for any machining you want to have is also a possibility without having to even have a workshop to do it.

This means you can have a solid reputation for just selling or supplying anything and include any machining when necessary.

Defeng is in the position where he does not have a reputation as an established seller to rest on even though by all the results posted so far the machining was carried out by himself or someone he can rely on to do it according to his directions, he still does not have the track record for having sold a single item he made.

Things will be different once the wheels start rolling and the orders get filled, but until that occurs we have to rely on the evidence of the photos produced so far as to his ability and integrity to be a supplier.
    Ian.

lol, you are in one extreme case of denial friend. accept the fate that it will never happen and move on with your life.

Hi, that is the least of my worries.......I don't believe there's a Heaven either, but that's not for want of being a good boy all my life.....LOL.

One thing you can rely on in this World.......when you eventually go, no matter how good you've been with all your deodorants and personal hygiene, you'll smell just as bad as the rest of them, and everyone will be pleased to see you go.

Defeng, if he wants to be the successful entrepreneur, needs to complete these orders to gain the publicity and good will of any further sales potential......just one bad deal and the enterprise is history, and once you burn your fingers with a bad deal you don't get to come back.

So we'll have to wait and see.
    Ian.

just one bad deal and the enterprise is history, and once you burn your fingers with a bad deal you don't get to come back.
    In those few words, you just admitted, there is no chance he will ever deliver.

Even if he does, I would never deal with him no matter how good his machines are. History has a way of repeating itself, and in this case, no thanks.

Hi, I expect there are plenty of other machines just as good to tickle your fancy if you search long enough, but so far I haven't seen anything that matches the package with the options I paid for, why compromise and take second best?

So it's going to be a waiting game........I'm not in the market to push people off a cliff because the waiting is getting to me.
    Ian.

so I guess defeng fell of the earth again?

does anyone know where his r8 spindle was from. the bt30 and iso20 are readily available from other suppliers, but I need an r8 spindle and his was nice.

Hi I have a builder Who does iso 30 spindle atc for me PM me a drawing i can ask for r8 if you like only if you like german quality -

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    so I guess defeng fell of the earth again?

does anyone know where his r8 spindle was from. the bt30 and iso20 are readily available from other suppliers, but I need an r8 spindle and his was nice.
    Hi,

I think you've seen this one:

Spindle Cartridge, R8 3751 - LittleMachineShop.com

But it could also be too small for you with 1 kW handling power?

yah, that's not going to work. I need a proper 80mm cartridge. the one defeng was using looked very nicely made. I assume its the same spindle maker as the bt30 model but I cant find them. I can only find resellers but none have the r8.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hi I have a builder Who does iso 30 spindle atc for me PM me a drawing i can ask for r8 if you like only if you like german quality -
    if german quality is about $300-$400 and has the same specs as the one defeng had shown, let me know. otherwise, im looking for chinese quality

Probably Even in china not every price is possible .. so if you have found it let US know ...

the bt30 spindle is $650.

the r8 is a much simpler spindle. I vaguely remember it being between $300 and $400. tormach sells their r8 spindle for $500ish. theirs isnt a good fit for my needs though (physically). the one in this thread is perfect.

650 ist the builder seller trust worth ? ..

Page 65 of 184 1555636465666775115165