587,175 active members*
3,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Rapid Feed Rates ?

Hybrid View

Re: Rapid Feed Rates ?

As Burr has said "Careful what you wish for"

I can think of reasons that feature request is not that important too!!!

Adds more money to cost of software
    Adds another level of complexity to learn the software
    Adds a little more "clunkyness" to the software

Will it add value to the masses?????

Not disagreeing totally with you,,,but I seen the software evolve for enough years,these above points come to mind.
    I've heard,I don't actually know,,,that the biggest problem with Mastercam is that it can do anything,but figuring and learning how is hard because of so much it can do.Also costs a fortune.

Re: Rapid Feed Rates ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    As Burr has said "Careful what you wish for"

I can think of reasons that feature request is not that important too!!!

Adds more money to cost of software
    Adds another level of complexity to learn the software
    Adds a little more "clunkyness" to the software

Will it add value to the masses?????

Not disagreeing totally with you,,,but I seen the software evolve for enough years,these above points come to mind.
    I've heard,I don't actually know,,,that the biggest problem with Mastercam is that it can do anything,but figuring and learning how is hard because of so much it can do.Also costs a fortune.
    They have always exceeded my hopes for change since V24, and I never cease to be amazed by what they manage to fit into their development path. One of my biggest wishes was for the dynamic mouse zoom, and I remember Burr suggesting that they would/could never afford to spend the development time on something trivial like that when it could be spent developing toolpath strategies. Yet, look at what they did in V27! They added the dynamic zoom while also adding significant improvements to parallel finishing, equidistant offset (have you tried the new "spiral" method?), and many of the other features while also introducing new ways to work on the CAD side. My opinion is that Bobcad's development team has some serious kung fu and I'm starting to think you can ask for the moon with them and they'd try to deliver.

Even as much as Bobcad has grown, I paid more for V21 (which could only do parallel and Z level 3d toolpaths) than I did for V26 Mill Pro. I have faith that they will continue to offer an excellent product for an equally excellent value. Since this improvement is addressed specifically at Mill Pro, those who stick with Mill Standard wouldn't even know it changed and it would not affect the complexity for those who only use the basic functions. For those who know the system well, it wouldn't be any more or less trouble to use, and I'm positive that it would drastically reduce cycle times for one-way adaptive toolpaths. Sounds like it got forwarded to the development team.