Not specifically, any 3 wire 12 or 24V NPN type should work.
ok. i might have som high end Pepperl+Fuchs sensors laying in a drawer somewhere, i will get back to you with the specs of them.
is the voltage spesific to 12V and 24V? is that because of the inputs? (that means i need to get yet another powersuply.. 24v is commonly available in industry tho)

No. The test program we were dicussing. Change:

#define RefVoltage 11.09f

to

#define RefVoltage 5.0f

aaah.. when i went back and checked the piece of code you gave me, i found out that that line was not in my editor.
it must have been edited out maby... i don't know but it works now..

one strange thing i noticed is that my 5V output from the KFlop is more like 4.4V (JP4 pin 1 and 8)

anyway JP33 pin 6 now follows what i type inn..
i changed #define RefVoltage 5.0f to 4.4f and when i type in float 3.8 i measure 3,78V on pin 6.

what would be the next step to implement this then?

also for the rest of the control we would need:

• Speed reference - 0-5VDC (this is now ok now, we take pin 2 (+5V) and pin 7 (GND) feed them to JP33 pin 5 and 7 and feed JP33 pin 6 back to CN5 input on DLDC controller pin 7 GND also gets fed into CN5 as ground)
  • Start and Stop (according to the manual it should be a matter of shorting pin 4 (s/p) to pin 7 (GND) contact means start)
  • Clockwise and Counterclockwise rotation control (5 (F/R) "Forward running on High level, reverse running on lower level" (guess shorted to 7 (GND) means forward)