Hi all,

I have done some design work on this, and have come up with some ideas to use the TTS system and keep the possibility of maintaining ATC functionality, but they are a bit complex (using the coolant pressure to pressurize the seal, moving parts, etc). I though a good intermediate step would be to use a stock R8 ER collet and rig up the TSC with that.

I would bore/gundrill the draw bar, and tap the top for a deublin rotary coupler. The draw bar already threads directly into the R8 collet, so i should be able to get coolant directly to the R8/ER16 collet.

My problem is that while i can find TSC drills down to 0.020", I cannot find a ER16 nut/sealing disk that will work under 1/8" (you can get 1/8" and above anywhere, maritool, kennametal, rego-fix, etc, but no-one seems to stock anything smaller).

Short of trying to make a sealing disk (my lathe is garbage: over 0.002" TIR) does anyone know where to source these nuts and the associated sealing disk in smaller sizes? I would need at least 1/16" sizes to even spend the money to try this, but need to be able to accommodate 0.040" sizes to really make it cost effective.

Thank you in advance,
Michael.