587,646 active members*
3,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sprutcam 9

Hybrid View

Re: Sprutcam 9

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    md - when things get funky in SprutCAM it is can be a good idea to shut the program down and restart it. That sometimes clears the cobwebs out of it's brain.

Mike
    LOL very true, I saw many issues with memory in SC7, and all kinds of stuff it just refusing to give a tool path and what not, restart BAM works fine haha

Quote Originally Posted by drutort View Post
    LOL very true, I saw many issues with memory in SC7, and all kinds of stuff it just refusing to give a tool path and what not, restart BAM works fine haha
    Yes, sprut is what I call a memory leaker. Some programs like this with large internal data structures lose blocks of memory during use.
    Microsoft c+ compiler is notorious for this if every data variable declared is not initialized and disposed with when done.
    Programming aside, understanding how the programs data is structured has helped me navigate it with few big problems.
    Still As noted above for a long time I was confused as to where it come up with some numbers I would see until it was pointed out that's metric converted to imperial.

The biggest pain for me is I like to copy and paste things.
    As I stated above the data structure is not always declared and initialized correctly. When I copy and paste at times I end up with 1 or 2 bad or corrupt values for parameters.
    Some .0021 feed rate or some other b.s. shows up, if I don't catch these they have a habit of crashing mach when the code is loaded.
    A User could go on and on about goofy stuff like this in many programs, I tend to id the traps and work around them best I can .
    md

Can everyone please go to the FB of the SprutAmerica and when SC9 comes out, let them know that we want it out on time, unlike how SC8 over a year later, the site was not updated in years. This is not acceptable business practice.

https://www.facebook.com/SprutCAMAmerica

I can understand 1-3 months at most, but we should get the product in reasonable time for us USA guys when the authors release it, and they have the product to test in beta and even create the proper, sales docs and help files literature etc...

Maybe I am wrong but isn't sc America waiting for stability issues to work their way out first? I believe this is why sc 8 took a while and why they only recommend the latest version for use.

Quote Originally Posted by drutort View Post
    Can everyone please go to the FB of the SprutAmerica and when SC9 comes out, let them know that we want it out on time, unlike how SC8 over a year later, the site was not updated in years. This is not acceptable business practice.

https://www.facebook.com/SprutCAMAmerica

I can understand 1-3 months at most, but we should get the product in reasonable time for us USA guys when the authors release it, and they have the product to test in beta and even create the proper, sales docs and help files literature etc...

so how have the trials of SC 9 been going? im busy and dont want to even start yet :/

ya so what other changes under the hood?