587,201 active members*
2,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Crudd TM20VL

Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Frederik View Post
    Hi Peter,

There isn't a a lot of meat there you are correct, I was able to use the existing holes at the rear of the column I believe, just two bolts has been sufficient
    Hi Luke,

Thanks for that. I haven't had time to do much lately. Hopefully when I return from New Zealand.

Cheers,

Peter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

Removed the quill handle and fine feed wheel last night, now the fog buster has its ideal location. Thinking it needs a paint job now. Inspired by Jid2's build thread.

Spent a little time today getting the tool table setup. This and the power draw bar are going to make production times significantly shorter I feel Life significantly improved!

Thanks Ray for the solenoid information, I will order and fit. Hopefully have it going in a week or so.

Had a bit of a scare when I was fly cutting the PDB assembly. The vice handle snagged on the Y-axis stepper motor when it was traversing on the X-axis. Part came loose in the vice and it came to an almighty stop. Strangely, the superfly cutter tip didn't even break. Note to self, always remove vice handle

Thinking about where I'd like to go next with the mill. Maybe install double ball nuts, or upgrade the spindle motor.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    What you want is one of these:

DC12V Solenoid Air Valve 5port 2position Inlet 1 8"BSP 4V110 06 Inner Guide Type | eBay

5-port, 2-way - Pressure In, Two outlets, Two exhausts. When one outlet is pressurized, the other is exhausted, and vice-versa.

I'm pretty sure the terminology on solenoid valves was specifically designed to be maximally confusing....

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Those are for use with double acting cylinders so you still would need to plug one exhaust.

I think with a single acting cylinder which is how Luke uses it, a 3 ports - 2 way valve should be OK - why doesn't it?

See here: Google Afbeeldingen resultaat voor http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/design/images/dt_p_sacfpv_01.gif

BTW: very impressive work Luke!

Cheers
    Ard

Update:

Manged to find a solenoid on eBay in Australia for $30 brand new - which is quite rare (located in au) and with 24V DC coil.
    It has 1/2" ports. Ideally would have liked 1/8" or 1/4" but that is ok. Just means the thing is HUGE! haha
    Figured out I had to plug the other port as mentioned in last post here (thanks ) and so far... living the dream!

Here are some pictures:
    Tomorrow I will mount the regulator and flow control valve

And here are some comparison pictures with the new spindle ring LED light. It illuminates very well. Happy to send STL to anyone who would like it. It suits an M6 bolt and nut.

Re: Crudd TM20VL

I'd like to ask something about the cylinder. Are those set screws for adjusting the air flow between pistons?

The holes with the set screws are just to plug where he had to cross drill the air passages. They don't "adjust" flow though.

If you follow Crudd on YT you will see he has moved away from this cylinder. He now uses a cylinder very similar to the model Tormach uses if not the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHg5t5eurk
    A lazy man does it twice.

That cylinder looks cool. The alu extrusion is easy to find so I can build one.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12