587,761 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Enco vs. Grizzly square column mill

Hybrid View

I'm not sure what to think of the weight of the 0722. If you look at the web page it says the shipping weight is 572 pounds, but the pdf spec sheet says 850 pounds. I would tend to lean more toward it having the higher weight.

I'd have to go with shipping weight.

This reminds me of barbell sets from the distant past, where a 110 lb set had a shipping weight of 89 pounds. Obviously one of the numbers is wrong, but I'd suggest that shipping weight would be more accurate as the various carriers would likely take acception to grossly mislabeled pallets.

So I'd go with the 572 number. However it would be most interesting to see the machine weighed on a honest scale.

A quick edit here! How many boxes does the machine ship in? I didn't think about that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 109jb View Post
    I'm not sure what to think of the weight of the 0722. If you look at the web page it says the shipping weight is 572 pounds, but the pdf spec sheet says 850 pounds. I would tend to lean more toward it having the higher weight.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    This reminds me of barbell sets from the distant past, where a 110 lb set had a shipping weight of 89 pounds. Obviously one of the numbers is wrong, but I'd suggest that shipping weight would be more accurate as the various carriers would likely take acception to grossly mislabeled pallets.

So I'd go with the 572 number. However it would be most interesting to see the machine weighed on a honest scale.

A quick edit here! How many boxes does the machine ship in? I didn't think about that possibility.
    if you'd have bothered to read the link to the review of the SX4 i posted it would tell you all you want. "Due its nearly 800 lb. (355 kg) weight, moving the SX4 up onto a workbench is not as easy an operation..." This is also the net weight posted by MTW for their SX4. https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.co...cat=253&page=1
    walt