587,302 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge CHNC 1 Power up machine home!

Hybrid View

Did you have them save it as a PDF file?

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Did you have them save it as a PDF file?
    Yup, here it is if anyone needs it. Well, here it is NOT! Zipped it up and tried to attach it several times, but got the "Security Token Missing error!" Tried it unzipped and no go either.

I guess you will have to email me for it.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

CHNC I Commissioning Data

Mike

I have the same machine as you and have lost all the commissioning data due to a board shorting out.

Could I trouble you to download A copy of yours and e-mail to me ?

[email protected]

Thanks
    Mark

If I can figure out how to do it I would be glad to help you out.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by mark562 View Post
    Mike

I have the same machine as you and have lost all the commissioning data due to a board shorting out.

Could I trouble you to download A copy of yours and e-mail to me ?

[email protected]

Thanks
    Mark
    Well, I just pulled the dumb azz move of the year.

I am having control issues so I was pulling all of the boards out and cleaning them. I got all done and looked up and said what is this? Before my brain could kick in I had pulled the battery out. So now I have lost the commissioning data. The screen came right up asking for it. Then it went off and now I have nothing.

That is the issue I was having, sometime the control came on and sometimes not. Sometimes it would come on the engage the drives and maybe shut off in a little while.

Now I am really frustrated.

Time to make a call.

Mike

I bought a used input unit, control panel, off of eBay to see if I can get mine up and running. It has all of the boards and "The Battery" is still intact. I'll hook the whole thing up and see what happens.

But, Hardinge came through fast for me and attached is the commissioning Data they sent me. Has instructions and all.

Thank you Hardinge!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hardinge was always very helpful to me. Glad they are working for you also.

The file you have is for a CHNC2/FANUC 10.

Here is the commisoning data for CHNC1/SIEMENS 810T
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, I just made a dumbass move of my own, though I'm not sure it's related; I was setting up tool offsets for the very first time owning this lathe (CHCN-1 w/ Siemens 810T) and decided I didn't want any of the previous owner's % programs in memory, so I did a RANGE DELETE between %100 = %1300, and suddenly the work light went out, and the screen became unresponsive. My only recourse was to restart the control, but it wouldn't turn back on.

Does this sound like anything you've encountered before in relation to having wiped out your commissioning data?

When I turn the control on, the four LEDs light up for only three seconds, then nothing. Usually I hear a bunch of relays clicking, and the beep when it activates, but this time, it's quiet - only the fans turn on. No control display, no characteristic high-pitched whines... just silence.

I also don't see any obvious fault LEDs lit on any of the control boards in the back, but then I haven't actually begun a formal investigation yet.

Torin...