587,699 active members*
3,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: maho mc 5 hs

Hybrid View

Hello Folks,

I bought an MH600 last fall and it came with a good set of manuals. The control you have is a bit different than the one on the MH600, but the manual seems to cover the control. Publish dates are 1986/87.

Here are some pics of the two books that might interest you and also I see you are from Canada, so I included a pic of a business card stapled inside the operating manual cover, which might be of some help to you.

(OK, after trying to submit this post, apparently I am not allowed to post links to the pictures since I am new here. I will email them them to you if I can figure out how to do that.)

If you are willing to pay for copying, I could take them someplace and have them scanned or copied for you. The Training Literature book is 116 pages and the Operating instruction is about 200 pages. If you just need a page or two, I could have a friend scan that for you.

If you need more info on the contents first, let me know.

All the best,
    Davey Boy.

Me again.

Since I now have a post, I think I am allowed to post links.

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...20424_0130.jpg
    http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...20424_0131.jpg

Davey Boy

cool! the control manuals are supposed to be included with my machine, but in case theve been lost, it would be realyl cool to have a copy of yours. hopefully ill know more details this week.

ferro technique ive talked to in the past about other things. is this a number you were given for someone who currently does work with these machines?

I don't know the details about the service number... it was written on the card by the previous owner.

I just FINALLY got three phase in my shop last week and now have to find a way to reload the parameters for the MH600. Yikes!

Let me know if you need something from the manuals.

Davey Boy.

dmg's sales rep called me this morning. hes newish, so he said he thinks they may have some degree of support for these machines. hes going to put me in touch with the service people.

so maybe theres a glimmer of hope that the canadian branch has some older techs with knowledge of mahos. would be nice, even if its just to ask them questions.

im lining up the first project to make on it. its a fairly simple one that would take advantage of being horozontal 4 axis. it doesnt require high precision, but its easy to measure, so we'll fid out how square things are easily.

I might need some of that service stuff myself. My machine came with a floppy disk which is supposed to have the parameters on it, but when I plugged it into a computer (took a bit to find one with a floppy drive!) the format is not recognizable to the computer.

Does anyone know format this data would be in? I think I can input it manually, but I would need a printout or something to work from.

Thank you,
    Davey Boy.

floppy, oooh, fancy. mines got the parameters on paper tape.... which seems to be lost.

are the parameters not written in the manual?