587,201 active members*
2,891 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > CNC Plasma Cutter Table Build 3x2m including THC and watertable

Threaded View

CNC Plasma Cutter Table Build 3x2m including THC and watertable

Hey to everybody in this great forum. After being interested, studying and then planning a CNC Plasma Table for a long time now I finally decided to go ahead and get my project off the ground.

My name is Andreas and I am 29 years old and live in Berlin / Germany.

After getting so inspired by Dave's machine I decided, that this is exactly the way I want to go and then started by laying out and planning my table in Rhino 3D.

I want to quickly take the chance to explictly thank Dave so much for his incredibly nice built table as an inspiration, and even more, I want to thank him for his outstanding kindness and support! Vielen vielen Dank!!

First step of the build, was to come up with the dimensions. I decided to go with the measurent of 3x2 meters since this is the maximum width of my door in the shop so this size will come in handy if I ever want to take it out of my shop.

It is also perfect for standard medium sized sheets which in Germany are 2,50m x 1,25m and it will also hold a large sized sheet which is 3m x 1,50m.

I then cut and built the Frame out of 100x100x4mm cold rolled steel tube and the cross beams out of 60x60x3mm. The cross beams will be my under construction to hold the waterbed.

I also wanted to absolutely make sure the table will be mobile so I put heavy duty wheels as well as heavy duty mounting feet.

So here is a picture of my ready welded frame:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00017-20101012-2056.jpg